A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

another line

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:02 am

Look, ME and Shell both are from California and are not offended by this, i thought it was funny (note: i voted for BUSH).

Look i'm getting tired of people wearing their feelings out on their keyboards so to speak. I'm not saying no one can have their own opinions, but look as my uncle once said "Life is like an onion, if you peel it, you're gonna cry."

Vote for the Onion 2005...........baby, yeah!!!!

:arrow: :roll: :lol: :shock:
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:09 pm

I found that very funny maybe because of how close it is to the truth.
But this I found a little unsettling.http://www.canadafreepress.com/2004/cover111504.htm
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:27 pm

BigD wrote:While I don't totally agree with Matthew in this case, I've got to agree with his point here about Canada. If you truly believe this is an accurate illustration (which it's not), then I've got a bone to pick with you.

Is Canada more secular then we'd like it? Yes. But we're our own country; to place all of us in the same boat as th e so-called "liberal" US is disrespectful.
That's right Canada is what the Liberals want the US to be.
Waste of money gun registry.
Abortion on demand.
Gay marriage.
Threatening to take away the tax exempt status of the Church if it's leaders don't shut up on political issues at election time.
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:02 pm

Yeah. I like it here too Matthew. No offence to our southern brothers intended. Hawaii is a nice state though. :D
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:29 pm

Just wondering... :? what makes you want to live in Canada?
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:55 pm

LexingtonPethead wrote:Just wondering... :? what makes you want to live in Canada?
The obvious answer is I was born here. It's just like the USA only better cause NASCAR is not that big here yet. :D
0 x

Petra_Pete
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Petra_Pete » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:46 pm

Jerry wrote: .... cause NASCAR is not that big here yet. :D
Thankfully! :P
0 x
yours,
Petra Pete

"This is my Father's world and He can fix it."

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:59 pm

A message from your president.

"We have been the recipients of the choices bounties of Heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which has preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us. It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness."

Abraham Lincoln 1863
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:20 pm

Jerry wrote:A message from your president.

"We have been the recipients of the choices bounties of Heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which has preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us. It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness."

Are you quoting GWB?

Abraham Lincoln 1863
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:21 pm

Jerry wrote:A message from your president.

Abraham Lincoln 1863

That was ages ago. What's your point?
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:37 pm

I just came across this today and as I was reading it I thought it may have been something recent but I was shocked when I got to the bottom and found who had said it. If Honest Abe felt this way back then what do you think he would say about his country today? Probably the same thing I guess.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:48 pm

Jerry wrote:I just came across this today and as I was reading it I thought it may have been something recent but I was shocked when I got to the bottom and found who had said it. If Honest Abe felt this way back then what do you think he would say about his country today? Probably the same thing I guess.
Probably true. But on the other hand, the same can be said for any country. I can't help but think, though, that in spite of the problems we have in America, we have a system that works, and it is without the best system in the world. Living the American dream is something everybody wants. Even middle-eastern terrorists want the American dream. Problem is, they want it just for themselves.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:50 pm

It's a good message that's relevant today too. Abraham Lincoln was very wise.
0 x