A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

I`m sad

Post by epdc » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:54 pm

I t was approved this unfair law against ilegal mexican inmigrants in Arizona were they won`t have no longer right for education, public services and health services :( :(

BUT, OF COURSE they will keep working over there, the USA still has them working over there for them :evil:

:( :( ps.- this is not an attack to my american petheads but against system...
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:07 pm

Ep, you don't have to put a disclaimer at the bottom of your posts to say you're not attacking American petheads. If they take it the wrong way, it's not your problem :).

I actually agree with your post - since they're illegal immigrants, they should be kicked out of the country entirely, not denied education and public services but allowed to work.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:08 pm

I agree too, if they're not going to have anything else, they shouldn't work here either. And there's nothing wrong with being upset. Our system isn't perfect by any means.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Re: I`m sad

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:38 am

epdc wrote:I t was approved this unfair law against ilegal mexican inmigrants in Arizona were they won`t have no longer right for education, public services and health services :( :(

BUT, OF COURSE they will keep working over there, the USA still has them working over there for them :evil:

:( :( ps.- this is not an attack to my american petheads but against system...
It's a good deal for Mexicans in my opinion. Mexicans come to the US illegally and make a LOT more money than they can in Mexico - probably several times more money. That HAS to be a good deal for Mexican workers. We are doing your country a favor by allowing you to come here illegally and make several times more money than you can make in your own country.

Secondly, if people are here illegally, WHY should we spend our tax dollars educating, offering public services and health services to illegals who are not US citizens? Why should we give them drivers licenses? This makes absolutley NO sense.

Most of the money that Mexicans make in America ends up in Mexico anyway which helps your economy and hurts ours. Before this law was passed, we were granting rights to education, public services and healthcare to illegals. No wonder California has been in such fiscal dire straits!

If Mexicans want to go through the process LEGALLY and become American citizens, then fine. I'm okay with that. If they'd rather not be here at all if they can't get the full package - illegally - then I'm okay with that too.

The biggest reason for this law is that it stifles our economy and because the status quo poses a safety hazard for US citizens. The US / Mexican border is very porous, and offers terrorists an easy way into our country. This law will slow down illegal entry across our borders and make our job catching terrorists crossing the borders much easier. In other words, we need to stop chasing illegal Mexicans and start hunting down terrorists who cross our borders. We need tougher border controls in order to help prevent another devastating attack on our country and the possible loss of thousands of innocent lives. I hope that protecting our freedom - and possibly our very own lives - is not what offends you and makes you sad.
Last edited by LexingtonPethead on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:25 am

So I guess how this works is that since this post has already been replied to, I cannot delete it.
Last edited by LexingtonPethead on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:26 am

But I can transform it into a meaningless post like this one...
Last edited by LexingtonPethead on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:26 am

And it sure takes up a lot less space.
Last edited by LexingtonPethead on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

just doooo it

Post by seichu kaisho » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:43 am

Did you intentionally post the same message four times?
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:47 pm

I was wondering too.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:27 pm

NO. I've looked for a way to delete 3 of them, but so far, I dont' see any way to do it. I don't know how that happened.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

David

Post by epdc » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:27 pm

why do you wanna delete it???

I think is mean what you are saying David. Yeah, I know is wrong that people cross to the usa ilegally, I know that!!! but I mean, if the USA wants to be fair, if they don`t wanna give public services and health care, they shouldn`t give them work either. I mean, so if one worker gets hurt in his job he doesn`t have any kind of insurance??

if you are gonna give someone a job you hav to provide health care!!!! the USA government is just taking advantage of the ilegal ones, they are using ilegal people!!! don`t you see it??????, "since you can`t complain at all since you are not american we are gonna make you work for a few dollars and we won`t spend any money for you".!!!!!!

the USA government has to take care of their workers, ilegals or not and if they don`t like ilegal people they shouldn`t hire them either. Don you see it David? they are taking advantage of the ilegal mexicans, they just want "cheap hands for work in the jobs a regular american wouldn`t".

Yeah, many dollars come to M�xico, I know that. But see, the worker is not only supporting his family in M�xico, he also has to support himself while he is on the USA and believe me, what they get is not enough for that. So the least that could be done should be that they would have a right for health care.

Ya know, this people goes over there looking for a better life ya know. People is not going over there to be annoying. If they are crossing ilegally is because your government doesn`t give them a VISA. And not to mention the terribly expensive process for getting one (my family have VISA and believe me, is kind of humiliating the whole process)And ya know what, I won`t get much deeper in the VISA topic because ya know, is your country and you guys have your choosing process with the VISA thing. But, see? those are the reasons.

I mean, most of the economy is because of this "ilegal workers", they give a lot to american economy and also they give a lot to M�xico economy, the least they deserve is a health care and an education.

yeah, is wrong they cross the line and stuff but you can`t be all "this is wrong, this is right" you gotta see all factors. Wanna know why USA government took their health care and education rights and not their jobs? because: 1.- USA needs them!!!! please try to watch the movie "a day without mexicans" by alfonso arau. 2.- the ilegal ones are mostly people without education, some doesn`t even know english so who cares? they can`t stop us , and the government starts waving the "you are not legal here so we can`t kick you out" flag. If they get sick and die who cares? there`s many of them begging for a job and they will be willing to do it since they are starving in their country...

Dennis.- heheheheh I KNOW!!!!!!! but man, is just that I don`t wanna fight!!!! and i don`t wanna hurt anyone feelings, I remember the discussion about when the war just started, man, people acted very mean with me and stuff and I don`t wanna that happen again.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

this is out of this topic

Post by epdc » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:41 pm

but I just don`t wanna start another one of the many I have started :? :P

Gosh, right now all mexico is all freak out. Two days ago in an small town in the Mexico state (south) a crowd full of hanger killed two cops by setting them on fire :cry: right after they hit them badly.

They thought they were kidnappers but they were secret agents!!!!, they were taking pics of the town but because they were investigating some drug stuff over there!!!!!

the crowd didn`t listen to them. and man, the worse is that the media arrived there and could see one of the cops saying he was an office and stuff and asked for help and all of sudden the camera guy was pushed away and you can see on the camera how the crowd set on fire this cop :cry: :cry: I didn`t watch it.... I couldn`t.... :cry:

and isn`t interesting the police arrived 4 HOURS LATER????, they say that they couldn`t get in to the are COME ON, thats why you have guns and helicopters ya know!!!!!! and how can you explain thet media DID got in and stuff and not them???

man, the police force here is a mess I mean, you are more afraid of the police than of the thieves ya know....

I was thinking in all this and wanted to share it :cry: :cry: isn`t scary how a crowd can get nuts??? today the whole town says they did justice, they don`t understand how evil they were, the police arrested some people and stuff is a mess over there....

no doubt that "small town, big hell".
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:27 am

LexingtonPethead wrote:It's a good deal for Mexicans in my opinion. Mexicans come to the US illegally and make a LOT more money than they can in Mexico - probably several times more money. That HAS to be a good deal for Mexican workers. We are doing your country a favor by allowing you to come here illegally and make several times more money than you can make in your own country.
Lex, that's not the point. They're illegal immigrants. Either they get kicked out entirely, or you let them go through the whole process and give them basic rights. To do otherwise is exploitation.

Either kick them out, or let them stay and give them rights, don't try to have your cake and eat it to. They're in the country illegally, they should be gone.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:34 am

BigD wrote:
LexingtonPethead wrote:It's a good deal for Mexicans in my opinion. Mexicans come to the US illegally and make a LOT more money than they can in Mexico - probably several times more money. That HAS to be a good deal for Mexican workers. We are doing your country a favor by allowing you to come here illegally and make several times more money than you can make in your own country.
Lex, that's not the point. They're illegal immigrants. Either they get kicked out entirely, or you let them go through the whole process and give them basic rights. To do otherwise is exploitation.

Either kick them out, or let them stay and give them rights, don't try to have your cake and eat it to. They're in the country illegally, they should be gone.
It's not that simple, BigD.

It's not that I don't understand what you are saying. I do understand. The problem is that there will always be a certain number of Mexicans who will continue to cross the border looking for jobs, and there will always be employers who will illegally hire them - regardless of the law, or whatever rights they may or may not have. It's as simple as that.

The solution is, as you said, a two way street. But if we give them all the rights that US citizens have, then why not automatically make everyone who crosses the border a US citizen? What's the difference?

I agree that if they are here illegally, they should be gone. But good luck with the endeavor. It willl never happen. They will continue to cross anyway and employers will continue to hire them. And the Mexicans who are here already will be nearly impossible to find and deport. Under this scenerio - as good and "black and white" as it sounds - very little will change. Plus, it's all we can do to hunt down terrorists who are here, much less tracking down Mexicans who are here simply to support themselves and their families. We simply don't have the resources to do that.

This law is, in part, to discourage people from illegally crossing the border in the first place - since there seems to be no way to stop it from happening. Likewise, it is intended to ENCOURAGE illegal immigrants to go back to Mexico. You can't say that the US government is taking advantage of Mexicans if they knowingly choose to stay here anyway.

Hey, I'm not trying to sound mean here. And Elo, the last thing I want to do is offend you in any way. Please forgive me if I have. This is a very delicate, yet complex issue, and no one wants anyone to be on the outside looking in. I wish everyone in Mexico could live the way they want to live with no need to look elsewhere, but could also live anywhere else without a hassle.

The biggest reason this issue has gotten to this point is because of terrorism. Our world in America changed on 9-11-01. We simply can't continue to let people into our country the way we have always done.

I don't know much about visas, or about the legal immigration process. But I suggest that those wishing to find a better life in the US go about it legally, regardless of the requirements. That way we know who we're lettting in, and they will rightfully receive all the benefits of being US citizens.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

re

Post by epdc » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:47 am

David: I know you don`t mean to offend anyone :) :) we are just discussing things that won`t lead us anywhere hehehehe.

so USA doesn`t have any resources?????? so that makes me think that ilegal mexicans who live there don`t give ANYTHING to the USA economy when they actually do!!!!! if all ilegal mexicans were out of USA in a second the whole economy would fall considerely, so I believe that at least they deserve is a good health insurance, public services.

they don`t try to get legal because if government sees them they will kick them out. Is a complicated issue ya know.

some people here (in the south) live extremely bad here, I`m not justifying their action of going over there but I understand it, is my government fault for not doing things better.

The law is encouraging them to go back to M�xico? and what about the families that are already set over there? is not that easy to just pack things and go back and start over here believe me.
I believe that if your government REALLY wants to be fair it wouldn`t give any job to anyone (of course, I understand that`s a complicated thing to do), but by letting them work in prolly bad conditions and don`t give them any health care that`s soooo "slavery", that`s taking advantage.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!