Spock's Beard

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Masada
Pethead
Pethead

Spock's Beard

Post by Masada » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:59 pm

Man, I was I could post this in the regular P-zone. It is very rare for me to post something about a recent music purchase but I just have to on this one. I recently picked up an album from band called Spock's Beard. The album is called "Snow." If you have an appreciation for progressive rock absolutely make this your next purchase! Neal Morse, who has since left the band, is the lead singer and songwriter for this album and is a very devote Christian. In fact, that had a lot to do with why he left the band. Anyway, this album is a concept album (the best I've ever heard, IMHO) and is chock full of God-talk. It is just a masterpiece and one of the most beautiful pieces of music and storylines I've ever heard. I can't remember any piece of music that immediately moved me to tears but there were sections of this album that had me crying before a word was ever spoken. It really is one of the most Spirit annointed albums I have ever heard. Another album that you prog rockers might appreciate is Neal Morse's brand new solo release called "Testimony". It is literally his testimony and has been getting rave reviews for just about everywhere under the sun. Anyway, I just wanted to pass that info along. I can't even begin to tell you how highly I recommend going out and purchasing a copy of Spock's Beard's "Snow". So go out, buy it and enjoy!

Peace,

Masada
0 x
Who is like the Lord our God; He reigns over all the earth with Majesty and Might.
Who is like the Lord our God; He sits enthroned on High; His love endures forever.

"Enthroned" by Torn Veil