Questions

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:38 am

Thank you for sharing that today. My husband came home from work today and told me he lost his job. It has been hard to encourage him when I feel kinda lost.
Little things like this are a big help. God is the source not a job. Reading this has been very helpful to get my head back were it needs to be, now I can help my husband as well.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

re

Post by epdc » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:59 pm

also it would be the same to say that intsead of saying "what has God done for me for making me happy this week" to say "What have *I* done for God for making Him happy this week?".

Everything is connected. You won`t be able to see extraordinary things if you are not faithful to Him, if you don`t look for Him or if you don`t believe His words or if you don`t obey Him.

Good point Matheww, thanks for sharing :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Question

Post by Shell » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:06 pm

It's so easy to get caught up in the "give me, give me, give me" mentality, instead of focusing on the One who's blessing you. I need to be reminded of that once in awhile. :)

I'm sorry about your hubby losing his job, Debbie, that really stinks. :P God is watching out for you though.
0 x