A lurker in your midst

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

A lurker in your midst

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi guys,

I guess I'm one of those mysterious people that keeps popping up, huh? Long time no see. How are ya guys?

I know, I know, I've been bad about posting. I do read. I promise you, I do read the PetraZone. I usually don't have a lot of time to post, but I read quick, then off I go.

So, an update my way. My husband and I recently graduated from travel school. It was quite an experience and I learned things I didn't know before about reading plane tickets, how the taxes are figured on a ticket and all that fun stuff. This school has the promise of lifetime placement and a job before you graduate school. Now, they are a great school, great people, but we graduated on St. Patty's Day. Still no job! My husband and I have sent resumes to travel agencies, checking the papers, checking every job site we can find online, calling places. And they've either filled the position before getting our resumes, promoted from within, better suited candidates, etc. We've checked literally, and I mean literally, every agency within our area. We live in the TWIN CITIES!!!! HELLO!!! We're out here! Someone? Hello? We aren't in a small town, grief. So, it looks like we'll be working from home, starting our own travel thing. Yes, it can be done. We will have training for that. It is not a work-from-home scheme. It's legit. World Class Travel came to the school and talked with the class and we also went to their office, toured the place and talked with their people. They will send someone here to set us up on the internet and get a website going. People will be able to go through us to get a trip planned. We've met people that went to the same school as us that are working for themselves through this place. I was recently told at an interview that the call for travel agents has gone down cause of the internet, so to make it worth the money we put into it, I guess working from home is what's left. It's not something like Watkins or Amway or some company that doesn't always work out for people. (Sorry to step on any toes if I did.)

We would appreciate your prayers as we take this path. We've really felt this is where God wants us. My husband said everytime he prays about our job situation he's led to World Class Travel. We would still have our current jobs overnight so we're not giving up any work.

Jenny
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

re

Post by epdc » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:19 pm

hi jenny!!!!!

long time without seeing you :), yeah, we will pray, you guys do your best and God is gonna bless each step to make, He just asks us to move.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:23 pm

I remember you too Jenny. Nice to "see" you. :)
0 x