LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Lou Gramm Band to come out with a Christian Rock CD

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun May 29, 2005 10:34 pm

Here is an exerpt I found in an article from the Pittsburgh Tribune:

"Gramm has only toured with his band since forming it, but members are recording an album with a new, post-Foreigner twist. The music will be Christian rock, says Gramm, who became a Christian about 15 years ago.

"It's been such a blessing and a life-changer," says Gramm, who turns 55 on Monday. "With that kind of purpose, I just feel moved to write and record music that kind of expresses how I feel."

Because of his faith, Gramm says, he was able to survive emotionally and physically after a benign brain tumor was diagnosed and removed in 1997. Recovery, however, was brutal, and included radiation treatment. Damage to Gramm's pituitary gland caused him to gain weight and affected his stamina and voice. Now, Gramm says he is functioning "near 100 percent," and that his voice -- and to a degree, his weight -- are back to normal. He still takes a lot of medication, though.

In the Lou Gramm Band's new Christian album, some lyrics were inspired by Gramm's ordeal.

"When I was in the hospital, I spent a lot of time in prayer," Gramm says.

His family, friends and fans also petitioned God on his behalf.

"It's great to know that people are out there praying for you in a time of need," he says. "It feels wonderful."'
0 x