A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

a classmate

Post by epdc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:22 pm

of my school passed away yesterday. She killed herself. A classmate came at the first hour (7:00 am) and told us. We went today to her catholic church to the mmm, ya know, the ceremony.

Man, I`m in shock. Her name was Roc�o. I don`t like the word "was".Because it means that "something is not anymore".

She was fine. Everybody said that, even the teachers. She had bipolar problem ya know, but she was under medication, she was fine. They just don`t know what happened.

She took a whole world with her. She took away her dreams, she took away her family`s dreams for her. She took away her goals. A whole world died with her :cry: :cry:

Many students were crying, some teachers too.
I was coming back to my house in a friend`s car and I was thinking "she won`t see this street anymore. Seh won`t see this world anymore. She`s gone."

Man, it was so shocking. I imagined God crying. Because I know He had such big plans for her. And now all those plans have been taken away by the wind.

sigh :cry: though I never cry, my heart bleeds for her :cry:

if you get the chance, make an small prayer for Romo Lop�z family. That the Lord bring His peace and reveal Himself to this family.
I pray she be with God. She was so beautyful guys, she was very sweet. We never got to talk much (she was with me only on one class) and she had other friends but when we got to talk, she was very nice.

The teachers knew about her problem and tried to encourage her ya know all da time. She was closer to teachers.

sigh :cry:
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

That is so sad.

Post by Shell » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:30 pm

It's hard when a young person commits suicide. I'll pray for her family, they must really be hurting. Cry if you need to Elo, there's nothing wrong with crying.
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Re: a classmate

Post by Jerry » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:56 pm

epdc wrote:We went today to her catholic church to the mmm, ya know, the ceremony.
My deepest sympathy to you and your classmates. I will pray for the family. Your post was very touching epdc, except for the line above. Sorry you feel the need to slight this poor girl's faith in that way.

Your's in Christ
Jerry
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

I think...

Post by Shell » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:21 pm

She was looking for the word "mass", she couldn't think of the English word she wanted, Jerry. She speaks English well, but she thinks in Spanish. :)
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:41 pm

Thank-you Shell. I feel like such an idiot for even thinking that let alone posting it. Please accept my humble apologies epdc, I am truly stupid. Once again I will remember her in my prayers.

Your's in Christ
Jerry
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:02 pm

Michelle is right!!!!!!!!!!! Im sorry, I didn`t mean to, there are some words I don`t know and that`s the way I explain myself and when I put stuff like that is with the intention of describing "the word" I don`t know so you guys can understand me. I`m sorry for giving the wrong impression.
and yeah Shell, hehehe, I think in espa�ol. :)

I`m still in shock ya know. Is like, see, each one of us is like a small world (I read that somewhere) and when someone die, a whole world dies ya know. It was a terrible feeling for me. Imagine a day, the sun is on the top (I mean noon, the part where the sun shines the most) and all of sudden, BOOM, the sun is turn off like a light bulb and falls from the sky and destroys the world: living things like plants, people, animals and all things, destroys the ocean, the mountains, all.

She was in the "noon" of her life :cry: and all of sudden , her "sun" turned off :cry:

For a moment I think: wish to know where she is. I KNOW where she is I mean, I know God is in control but ya know, I wondered today WHERE is where she is. I know she stills alive somewhere far away from us. Wish I could tell her "hey, I saw all the people that came to see you. They miss you". Wonder if she knew that many people loved her :cry: she was too sick for knowing :cry:

man, I have been trying to do my works on da puter and I just don`t have a head for it.

I believe that most of my friends were in shock because.... ya know... we could be her. Instead of her, any of us could have killed ourselves...sometimes we believe we have everything under control, ya know like "this is not gonna happen to me or either of people close to me". and then we saw this. It could have been any of us.

thank you for the support, I`m kind of sad right now. I can`t cry, don`t know why, but I`m very sad for her :cry:
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

OH NONONO

Post by epdc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:16 pm

My sister just told me, she listened the radio news. oh man. Her father found her hanging in the closet :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh nonono :cry:
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:16 pm

Elo, about 10 years my husband got one of thoese scanere to here police raidos and stuff. He was working for the DOT so me and the kids were listening to see if we could here Daddy.

A 911 call came on about a 12 yearold boy who had been shot. Sence the boys were to young to understand that I keept on listlening so I could pray. It turned out to be a boy up the street. My husband and his mom and dad went to school togher. So did my inlaws and his grandparents.

We knew this little boy. It turned out he shot him self because the kids at school kept calling him fatty fatty. He could not take it anymore.

I say all this to let you know I how you fell and will be praying for every one she knew. I know this small still has a hard time. Every time a baby is born to someone everybody wonders what would Allen be doing now. It is hard but God does heal even through all this.

Be a light to the ones who maynot know The Lord and Maybe some will be added to the kingdom in spite of this.

Love you, Debbie
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:50 pm

That is so terrible.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

WOW DEBBIE

Post by epdc » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:12 pm

That story, really broke my heart.

Sometimes, I think that the only reason why I never kill myself when I was between 12-15 was because I didn`t have a gun and I had no idea of how to do it. Also `cause God took care of me since I received Him when I was 6.

Without God in my life during that time, sometimes I think I would killed myself. It was a very tough time for me, I`m still recovering of all that insecurity and low self steeme. That kid makes me almost cry because I know what he felt. Sometimes I think, that some of us goes through this kind of things for helping others. In the dance team, I saw many cases of low self steeme in the group. I was amazed of how God used me, words just came out and I could see people getting encouraged, also at highschool.

When I see cases like that, I thank God that He didn`t let me do the same ya know what I mean?, somehow it makes you appreciate more what He has given us.
But still hurts :cry:
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:10 pm

I know how that feels.
I was in ICU because I took a bottle of pills when I got savied.
It is a very bad felling. I think most of us think about killing ourselfs at some point, even if it is only a few seconds.
I am so glad I have God now. Now when I get down He always finds a way to show me it is not as bad as I think at the time.

People need God so bad and they cant even see it. It is so sad when things like this happens.

I will keep praying that God will do much in spite of this.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Yep.

Post by Shell » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:42 pm

God can work even through a sad situation like this. I think we all go through times where we struggle with our self esteem. I've never seriously thought about killing myself or anything. I am happy most of the time, but I struggle with my self confidence too, usually when I'm tired or not feeling well. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone here or stuff that's happened recently, I think a lot of it is I've been hanging onto hurt from stuff that happened to me when I was a kid, and you can't do that.

Oh well. It's not something that bothers me all the time, but it's enough of an issue to be annoying. :P I've asked the Lord to help me with that, and He is. :)

Nothing is worth killing yourself over.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I`m glad Debbie

Post by epdc » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:22 pm

that you are here today :lol: I`m glad to be part of your story now. I`m glad that your story didn`t finish before. Im glad to be at least, an small character in your story.

I`m glad you don`t let that bothers you Michelle. I used to let all that bothers me, now I fight against that and I`m glad I`m winning :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:52 am

And it's too late for annie....that song hit me when I was reading your stories.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"