Book - "Surprised by the Power of the Spirit"

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
micah
Site Admin

Book - "Surprised by the Power of the Spirit"

Post by micah » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:37 pm

Has anyone read this book by Jack Deere?

I just did, and it has some good stuff. I'm completely convinced that the church should be seeing a lot more miracles of healing and visions from God than we are, simply because most of the church either doesn't believe they are for today or doesn't have a clue how to put them in practice.

As James says, "You do not have, because you do not ask God."
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

I haven`t heard of it

Post by epdc » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:18 pm

but I have read similar stuff and I`m so agree with your statement.

There are some churches that doesn`t believe in the Holy Spirit movement, they don`t believe in phrophecy either in miracles of healing. But all that is REAL and will happen if we ask God for it and we believe Him.

A big example of that is the book called "Like a mighty wind" by Mel Tari. The author is an asiatic guy that shares all the miracles he has seen where he works as a missionary. Is amazing, is like reading the book of Facts. Some people believe that those things were just for that time because people didn`t have Bible but here Mel shows that what God did He still does it NOW.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:00 am

Yeah, lots of cool stuff is happenning.

I think we need to be a lot more intentional about asking God for miracles. He *does* want to do them, today. Jesus had compassion on people when He was on earth, and He still does today. He wanted to bring Himself glory on earth, and He still does today. He wanted to convince people He was God while on earth, and He still does today.

I'm just frustrated by how little most churches really trust in God's DESIRE to do it!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I KNOW

Post by epdc » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:26 pm

It really freaks me out when some people says "if it`s God`s desire, He will."

HEY!!!!!!!!! Never doubt about God`s desire!!!!!!! He wants to do miracles, He wants to bless us!!!!!!!! He wants to do it. But we gotta believe it if we wanna see it happen.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:17 pm

Yeah, pretty much, but there ARE a few cases where everything seems like it should be right for a healing, but it just doesn't happen. So I think God's desire still plays a part. BUT .... I believe it is His desire for healing the vast majority of the time.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

eek

Post by epdc » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:24 pm

sorry for not explaining myself.

what I meant was that yeah, God might say no (for a good reason) but see, we can`t close ourselves by thinking already He will say no. We can`t never lose hopes, we can`t nver stop believing He can do this or that miracle. I mention it because some churches say that "God can do this and God can do that". They limit God. We can ask Him or everything.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!