A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Tech Forum

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:17 am

How about a Forum for all the Techs and Webmasters?

Where we can talk about our websites, and what we want to do next as a team.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:22 am

Hmm, you mean for Petra related websites? Or general tech questions?

I guess I could create a private forum for ONLY Petra webmasters. Hmm, that could be useful.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:28 am

Well really for both

I mean not only would it give us something to focus on as a team, but it will also give all of us tech-petheads a place to grow with each other on a new level.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:50 am

Hmm ... general tech questions are probably fine here in Off-Topic. I try to avoid forum bloat, but if others think it's a good idea, I'll make it!
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Webmaster forum

Post by Michael » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:52 am

Now, Josh Renaud already does have a Webmaster area on the message board at his site. I've never joined in myself because I kind of feel like I have a little bit of message bard bloat... there are at least 3-4 boards I try to check just about daily, and anyone who has tried that knows it can take up significant time. I didn't particularly want ANOTHER password, ANOTHER board, ANOTHER set of people to meet and greet. That said, if we had a Webmaster section here I would probably at least check the newest messages, mainly because it wouldn't require me to log in to another place and all that.

But my point is, such an animal already exists, so if we do it here we might be duplicating effort.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

talking about Josh

Post by epdc » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:23 pm

HE GETS MARRY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:47 am

Well here is my idea........If you would create the board. I'm thinking that all of the webmasters or main webmasters that are interested can get together to talk about direction in making this thing big.

I'm talking about a brand new Web Ring just created by ThePetheads for the Petheads not using a third party website....as is the old Web Ring

We could design and vote on it

My other concern is PetraFanClub.com who has it? Who can get it? And would we be able to set it up ourselves?

I asked this over at the inpop board and Spot said they he wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks into it, and the thing is we could all throw in a few bucks and help with the work, making the Petra's Official Fan Club back in full force. But it could only happen by working together.

At this point, it's just an idea.......If you guys think it's worth it, then let's do it.

John Schlitt said in an interview that the Petra Fan Club wasn't a priority at this time for them. But I've seen several bands that have fan clubs that are official but a fan or fans are running it, in order to keep the band from extra stress. At this point I don't know how John would want to run it, but I think that SueD could give us a little insight into that.

And if we can do it, we maybe able to bring the idea in for several local chapters, which means then we have official street teams for Petra brought on by The Petra Fan Club... do you see where this could go now?

We would have official Pethead helpers at Petra Concerts, Street Teams to go out a promote Petra....when a new CD comes out, the local chapters can go out a promote that as well, organize help for the local concert promoters for Petra Concerts and the list goes on and on. And then there is a whole new road to go into the local Radio Stations :)

Anyway....let me know what you think and maybe we can see if this will work. I know some may give their list of problems for that, but what I'm asking is for you to just stop and think about it and think of the great help it could be for the ministry of Petra.

8) 8) 8) 8)

http://www.thepetheads.com
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:52 am

It is a good idea. That way ya'll can get togher and take over petraband.com

0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:36 pm

Fanclub is still owned by the guy who originally set it up, Jeremy DeYoung. He still owns johnschlitt.com also (due to expire the end of this month)

From the SWHOIS directory:
Christcentral.com
110 Pebble View Drive
Franklin, TN 37064-2913
615-599-3728
Fax: 615-599-5112

It doesn't expire until Nov. 2004.

As it stands I and MJ are running jws.com.
Inpop is running petraband.com.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:08 am

Well in light of the news that some dumb over seas company took the domains of petrafanclub.com. That's gonna be rulled out for a while.

Who owns the old Petra Web Ring?
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)