The Bible prophecies the date of the return of Israel

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:29 pm

Old Earth Creationism is a way of viewing the creation story as fairly literal but not in six 24 hour days. It accepts the scientific explanations for the universe's origin -- the Big Bang theory, etc.
I always thought that the Big Bang Theory was part of Theistic Evolution, not Old Earth Creationism. At least, that's what my high school science teacher taught us.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

a pastor once told us

Post by epdc » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:33 am

on a message that for God one day is like 1000 years and 1000 years like a day (it say on the Bible) so maybe 7 days are not exactly 7 days but 7000 years or I don`t know, if things took that long it means it was like a process, so maybe that`s why people think in evolution, because of the process earth went through but it doesn`t mean evolution is the right word.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:11 am

The Big Bang theory fits any view that says the universe is billions of years old, as opposed to about 6000 as proposed by young earth creationists.

Yes, I know death before the fall supposedly didn't happen, and that might be a problem with OEC. But are we really sure that was meant to be for all species, or perhaps just humans?
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:47 am

Yes, that's correct. Focusing on Jesus is the only thing that really matters!

Hmm, I wonder what the Reasons to Believe guys say about Romans 8. It's an interesting question. I'm not sure that it proves beyond any doubt that there was no animal death before the fall, though.
0 x