Atheist camps for children?!?!?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Atheist camps for children?!?!?

Post by seichu kaisho » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:36 am

Yo. A couple nights ago, I watched part of a 20/20 special called "Heaven - is it real? How do we get there?" - a really interesting program about different religious viewpoints of heaven. One thing that really shocked and saddened me was the "atheist answer to Bible camp" - a youth program where young children can go and be taught that it's okay to deny the existence of God, heaven, or hell. Those poor kids! Being led astray at such an early age, they're probably bound to believe these false teachings the rest of their life and never receive eternal salvation. This is so scary!!! When they showed video clips of some of the kids at this camp, I thought, Dude, these are precious, awesome people whom Jesus loves so much. They could just as easily be going to a Bible camp instead.

Well, pray hard I guess. Pray for the president of this atheist club that God would speak to her and maybe turn her life around. (I know that's totally possible because I've heard many stories about former atheists becoming Christians.) Pray that the children can find a ministry that teaches them the gospel Truth. Plead the blood of Jesus over them all, that He would draw them toward Him.

I know I sound like a religious fanatic, but this issue has really been laid on my heart so I desire to promulgate it to my fellow believers.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]