2004 Dove Awards

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Kaiser
Pethead
Pethead

2004 Dove Awards

Post by Kaiser » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:25 pm

Just happened to be checking out the line up for 2004 Dove Awards and guess who is performing? Vince Gill and Amy Grant. What is up with that?
Let's get real here!! What next Alabama? What about the Petra, believe me they deserve more than Vince Gill. I did't know Vince Gill had a Christian album out.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Well...

Post by Shell » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:45 pm

Awards aren't really what matters.
0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:07 pm

They never let Jesus run with the big names of His day.

I think Petra is in a good group.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

dove awards

Post by executioner » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:03 am

Do not expect Petra to get nominated. If you go to the Dove's site you will find that unlike the Grammys the Dove's take in account album sales as one criteria for being nominated.

To you all doesn't this seem like this backwards. That is the last thing you would think a so called Christian Organization would do. I would expect it from the Grammys, but it doesn't say anywhere in their criteria that sales are taken in account. :oops:
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:28 pm

The fact that an unrepentent adultress like Amy Grant is being honored by the Gospel Music Association is symptomatic of everything wrong with the Christian music industry today.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Okay...

Post by Shell » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:47 pm

I gotta speak up here, even though we've been through the Amy topic before. It's not that I disagree that Amy's behavior is wrong, but you know, there is someone else-Vince-who also left someone, and I don't think anyone but Spott has ever said anything about that. What about his part in their situation? What about the kids? It's always the children who end up suffering most in a situation like this. It just always has to be about what a loser Amy is.

I know I'll probably get roasted, but hey, I go pretty good with teriyaki sauce. :D
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Hehe.

Post by Shell » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:37 pm

Okay, I'm on a roll here. Things haven't gotten too out of hand yet, but I gotta get on my soapbox before it does.

I'm not the leading authority on marriage or anything, but speaking from a female's point of view and from watching some of my friends who are married, I don't think a woman would just walk out on a 16 or 17-year marriage for absolutely no reason. I'm not saying that's right, but it does take two to make a marriage work. No offense to the male population, and there will be exceptions, but for the most part, men will not listen unless they're hit over the head with a baseball bat. Maybe Amy warned Gary some changes needed to be made and he didn't listen until it was too late. The point is, we don't truly know what went on between them, and if Amy wasn't so high profile, we probably wouldn't want to know what went on between them.

You folks who are married know what a lot of work it takes to keep a marriage together. You have to make Jesus the center of your marriage on a daily basis. Obviously, Amy didn't do that, and yes that's wrong. But what happened to her can happen to anyone, and has happened to many people who haven't gotten as much attention.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you believe someone is wrong (and I agree Amy is, I'm not trying to defend her behavior), your first response should be to pray for them. I haven't seen that in most of the posts about Amy. I've seen a lot of condemnation, criticism and outright hatred in some cases. That is wrong too, it actually says more about the people who feel that way than it does about Amy, and it won't change her. Think about what you're hoping to accomplish with a post, and ask yourselves if you'd want people to say the same things about you if you just happened to find yourselves in a similar situation. None of us are above what happens if you don't make trusting and obeying God your first priority.

Bring on the barbeque. And don't forget the teriyaki sauce. :D
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

TWO THUMBS UP

Post by epdc » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:25 pm

VERY GOOD, men sux HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA J/K.

That`s right, is like the petra issue. Some people said how unfair john was, other that maybe louie did something very wrong, we don`t know, we can`t judge them, that`s between louie and petra.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:48 pm

I'm choosing not to be presumptious about what Amy's relationship is with God (being unrepentant).

I'm not aware that the details surrounding her divorce with Gary Chapman were ever made public... maybe Gary was the one commiting adultery?

And besides, how can anyone say she's an unrepentant adultress? What kind of ridiculous judgement is that? That's like saying she never asked God for forgiveness and now she's cheating on Vince.

Let's not be overbearing.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Amy and Vince.....weired........lol

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:22 am

I seem to remember reading of Vince and Amy being seen together quite a bit before Amy and Garry ever did the splits.

I agree that Amy did the wrong thing too. Did everyone see that deal she and vince did on the news I think it was either 20/20 or 60 min or dateline or something like that.....anyway, they talked about how she just wanted to Hug Vince from behind during the House of Love recording. They showed video clips from it and everything. That album was recorded long before Amy and Garry had anything wrong, Amy and Garry even hosted the 1994 Dove Awards too.

Amy said something to the fact that she new that vince was her soulmate when they did that recording together....(that may be out of context, but it was something to that line, it sure sounded like that's why she said)

Anyway, I've got friends who are married too, and I've got friends who have gotten divorces, and the line they always use is "It just didn't work out" well, believe me I've seen how they tried to make it work, and it wasn't much of an effort. I'm not saying that is how everyone is, believe me I know that there is work envolved, as well as much tears. But I know I won't ever get married until I know it's the right time, with the right one.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"