A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

i`m asking because

Post by epdc » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:13 pm

if i wanna go to europe or canada i just need my passport. only for going to USA I need my visa...
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:55 pm

Ok, I finally have my computer at home! Yeah!!!! And it even still works! (One of the CPUs fell out of place during shipping, but my roommate got it back in.)

Yes, Shell is right about the visa. I had to get one. I didn't need one last time when I was just here for 5 weeks, but this is different.

That's too bad that the US makes Mexicans get a visa to even enter. Sheesh.

Spent last weekend on a retreat with some other new Spanish students. We were at HCJB's guest house near their power generator, and near the hot springs, which are very nice. :D I wanted to invite this woman, but they wouldn't let me, reasoning that we needed to be able to talk openly about the culture, so no Ecuadorians should be there.

She did seem disappointed that we were going to be apart on Valantine's Day! :shock:

Of course, she thinks she wants to join the LOGOS ship as a missionary Bible teacher, which might be incompatible with my calling. So I'll keep getting to know her and praying and see what happens. We haven't discussed dating yet, but from the signs she's given I can't help but think she's probably interested...
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:10 am

Ah, you had to be apart on Valentine's Day? It might have been helpful to have someone from Ecuador there to explain stuff, but I don't know all the circumstances.

You just never know; maybe she might change her mind about the ship later. I'd give it a chance. :)
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:57 am

Yeah, I'll give it a chance. I think I'll spend part of the day with her this Saturday. I really need to find a way to spend all day with her sometime, but that's difficult. I'm not really sure when to suggest taking the relationship farther, since I don't know much about this sort of thing ... :shock:

Hey, did you all notice that Petra will be in Bogota, Colombia on April 3? There's a discussion about it in the Spanish forum. I think I might be able to make it! I think Bogota is only an hour or so away by plane. (And I would have to fly, as traveling by bus in southern Colombia and northern Ecuador is very dangerous due to FARC guerilla activity).

It's kind of pathetic that I've been waiting for a couple years for them to come to Oregon. Then I leave for Ecuador and then get to see them!

But, it looks like they'll be at Creation West in George, WA this summer so I would have seen them anyway.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

hahahahahahaha

Post by epdc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:51 pm

that would be so funny Micah!!!!!!!!!!

Donpt freak out Micah, we are not that different, she won`t think wrong of you if you ask her out. In fact, she will get mad if you never ask her out LOLOL!!! ;)

Sorry, but I didn`t understand why you couldnpt ask her out before, what do you mean with that they didn`t let you???

AWWWWW, I so hope you post us good news!!!
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:25 pm

Oh, I meant that they would not let me invite her to go on our weekend trip, because they wanted to let the new missionaries talk openly about the culture with no Ecuadorians around...
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

OH, OK

Post by epdc » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:54 am

please keep us posted about your romance oks???
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:16 pm

Ok. Tomorrow she and I are going to a city south of here for their "Fiesta de Flores y Frutas" since it's Carnival week. (Elo, do they have Carnival in Mexico?) Should be interesting.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

mICAH!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:59 pm

Yeah, we do have carnivals (carnavales) in m�xico, but all are on the south of the country, I live north, the cool of south is that is not as influenced by the USA as it is where I live, you get to see more traditional stuff. (I might go in summer!!).

the title of the carnaval in english would be Micah "Party of the flowers and fruits" :D, I can`t tell you with exact details but let me tell ya: you`ll have a lot of fun :wink:

LET US KNOW HOW WAS IT
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:41 pm

The account of yesterday: We got on the bus to Ambato for the fiesta, but when we got there it turned out that the main festivities ended on Sunday! :shock: Never expected that. My only question was whether they started on Sunday or Monday, but I was just sure they could continue till at least Wednesday.

So we walked around a big crowded market some, and then decided to go to Ba�os, the famous tourist town, for the afternoon. Ambato was 3 hours away, and Ba�os was another hour, so I had been planning to do that with her another day.

There is a hike just outside of Ba�os that I had been wanting to do -- up to a viewpoint over the valley. So we did that -- most of an hour climbing up a fairly steep hill in the hot sun.

At the top of the hill there is a small cafe, where we went in for some juice. She started talking to the waiter, and soon the conversation turned to God. Wow, can that girl witness! She talked the guy through the plan of salvation, with me helping her remember a few things. He seemed to agree with it and at one point he seemed ready to say the prayer. But she talked a bit more and asked again, and he backed off for a bit more time to think about it. He was obviously interested, and gladly exchanged emails and phone numbers with us. We might go back up there again sometime to talk to him more.

So I guess God had a reason for there not being anything to do in Ambato. If you feel led to pray that he accepts Jesus, I'm sure that would help!

We stayed up on that hill so long that it was almost dark when we walked back down. We didn't get back to Quito until 12:30!

Here's a teaser photo, of the cafe with the two talking about Jesus. :)

http://jesusislife.net/micah/photos/BellaVistaCafe.jpg

oh and thanks Elo, but I knew the translation. I am after all in an advanced Spanish class. :)
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

WOW

Post by epdc » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:59 am

What an awesome testimony Micah!!!!!!! there was definitely a reason for not going :-D God always tells us to go to the less unexpected place.

Nice pic, I can almost see her face :P
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!