Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:21 pm

God bless
I am here to pray and help get trough!

Two are better than one!

It will be a big change guided by Jesus and He will provide everything cause you are in the Right PLACE to see what he cand do.

Be strong.

I hopePETRAZONE continues forever

Artur
0 x
Be happy

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

weeeell LOLOL

Post by epdc » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:52 pm

I don`t know what to say to you. I`m not very lucky with guys either.

I guess the answer is to be yourself (BLAH, forget that LOL J/K), I think is the same, women are women :P , well, here, christian latin girls likes flowers, likes people open the door for them, we don`t wanna expensive stuff or anything like that but that the guy be a gentleman to us and treat us nice :)

I don`t know if american girls are that way but latins are :)

(all petheads yelling) WE WANNA SEE A PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(if you don`t wanna put it here, SEND IT TO ME, PLEASE!!!!) I wanna know for who I will be praying for LOLOL.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I FORGOT MICAH

Post by epdc » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:56 pm

A very important point:

in latin america families are more mmmm conservadoras?? well, more traditional, you have to respet the family, you gotta introduce yourself to the family before dating or something like that.Is not like "I just came for you, letps go" you gotta know the family ya know.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:07 pm

Ok thanks so far! I think I'll wait to post or send a pic until I've actually met her and have a slightly better idea if something will happen or not. :)

Oh, and of course I'll respect her family! I think she lives with them. They live a little ways outside of Quito, in the country, so that will make things interesting! Maybe the family will even teach me things like how to cook! :D

(Mostly right now I eat microwave stuff and macaroni & cheese. They don't have much of that in Ecuador! :shock:)
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Micah

Post by epdc » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:26 pm

blah, is not like you are gonna miss the microwave LOL, homemade cook is delicious, since our microwave got broken we have realized how nice is traditional food LOL.

Tell them to teach how to cook, it will change your life :wink:
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:55 am

Hey Micah

Just to make a provision here, so we don't have to go through this again like we did with the old zone.

If you ever deside to take this board down, I would rather move it to thepetheads.com so just let us know.

But, on the other note, I pray God's blessing for you in this new chapter of your life.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:35 pm

My visa arrived Saturday, and I'm taking off Tuesday morning. No, I never procrastinate! :D

I need to pack up my computer soon, and my next post here will probably be from Ecuador!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Ecuador

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:23 pm

Have a safe trip, make a post when you're all settled. Elo and I especially will want to know how you're doing, we're nosy. LOL.
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:51 pm

Thanks. Yes, I'll keep you updated. In a week or two I might know whether or not something could happen with this "friend"... :D
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:37 pm

YOU GOTTA KEEP US POSTED TO ME AND SHELL ABOUT THAT!!!!!

If you don`t wanna put it here, you can send us private messages LOLOL.

you are gonna take the Micahputer with you?? wow, i hardly pack my clothes when i travel and you are packing your computer :D

what I always and always pack is a book :D
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:49 pm

Ok yeah, I'm here! Made it to Ecuador and things have been going as well as could probably be expected. My computer is still in a barrel in Miami so I have less Net time than I'd like, but it's getting better.

I've met the afformentioned woman, and she's nice. :D Nothing to announce at this point though, other than that we went out to lunch with a couple other people last Sunday, and she agreed to go to the Quito zoo with me sometime. Is that a start? :D
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:22 pm

Yep, it's a good start.

The next step is candy, flowers, a moonlight walk along the beach and meeting the parents. LOL. :D

I am teasing you. I think I've watched too many movies. :D You are off to a good start. :) Hope you get your computer set up pretty soon.
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:39 pm

Candy and flowers... can do. Roses are a dollar a dozen here. Literally. (Ecuador is one of the world's leading rose exporters.)

Moonlight walk along the beach... hmmm... that will have to wait. The nearest beach is well over 5 hours by bus, and it's probably dangerous at night. :(

Meeting the parents.... LOL indeed... Here's the account of how I first met her:

We planed that she would come to my house last Sunday after church. I had wanted to go to the local Christian & Missionary Alliance church that I attended last time I was here, but the only person I knew to get a ride with wasn't going that day. So I went to church with my Ecuadorian roommate and his friends.

Little did I know, I went to her church by accident! She came up to me after the service and asked if I was Micah! :shock: She then unfortunately had to do something with the kids, so she promptly left me to talk with her parents for about 40 minutes! :shock: They are very nice, but that's an experience I might have preferred to delay until I had been with her in person for more than 15 seconds... :roll: Her parents speak no English. I could mostly understand her dad (sometimes if he repeated himself) but her mom was rather harder to understand.

Her parents invited me to come to their/her house for lunch. We took a series of 3 busses out to God-knows-where in the farmland outside of Quito, where they live, with me wondering the whole time how in tarnation I was going to find my way home!

They served lunch, which turned out to be ceviche, a popular local dish I had been planning to avoid because it contains some vegetables that I don't like. Fortunately I managed to get most of it down, and it wasn't THAT bad.

After lunch we went out and looked at the family farm animals -- rabbits, pigs, and guinea pigs.

Then it was getting dark and time to head out. She accompanied me on two busses, and I could take a taxi from there to the Trolebus, Quito's excuse for a mass transit system. From there I could get home fine.

I saw her again last Friday night when she came by for a few minutes to talk.

And last Sunday (yesterday) when she and I went out to lunch with some other friends at a seafood restaurant. I also helped her with English homework.

So, it's a start... :roll:
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Post by epdc » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:56 pm

MICAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, IT MUST BE WEIRD TO BE RIGHT NEXT TO SOMEONE WHO DOESN`T SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE AND STUFF.. I HAVE BEEN THERE LOLOL, IS SO FRUSTRATING TO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE SAY.

CEVICHE? MMMMMMMM, DELICIOUS :D

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I+LL BE PRAYING MICAH :D YOU GOTTA INVITE HER TO VIST THE ZONE ONCE IN A WHILE.

AND WHAT DO YOU THINK? DID YOU FEEL ANY KIND OF CONNECTION OR ANYTHING? :wink: WE SAY IT "CHEMISTRY" IN M�XICO :wink:

AGAIN,
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

PS.- DO YOU NEED A VISA FOR TRAVELING? BUT YOU ARE AMERICAN!!
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:49 pm

Cool. That's hysterical how you ended up talking to her parents. :)

I do believe anyone who spends time working in a foreign country has to have a visa, Elo, no matter who they are, and a passport too. I'm no expert on how that works though. I'm sure there's a lot of paperwork and all that kind of stuff. It's a good idea to be careful and do whatever you need to if you're going to be traveling or staying in a foreign country for any length of time.
0 x