POD has a new CD?
44%

Total votes: 9

lucasmcgraw
Pethead
Pethead

Payable on Death

Post by lucasmcgraw » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:37 am

Has anyone seen the new POD CD? If so, what do you think? I'm not only referring to the music. I am wondering what you think of the artwork as well. Thanks for your input.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:56 pm

Little known fact: the new P.O.D. CD comes with a bonus - a PS2 game called Amplitude is included on the alum, and I believe that it is an expanded version of the game.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:50 am

I still think Petra needs a Video Game
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

lucasmcgraw
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucasmcgraw » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:06 am

From the responses so far, I think it is safe to say that no one here has seen the new CD. I know that the artwork in the insert would get some of you pretty upset. The link below is for the artist who did the art on the new POD album. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.danielmartindiaz.com/
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

A Known Fact

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:40 am

I can't believe it.

I mean ok, even I thought it was dumb when Strypers - To Hell With The Devil artwork was forced to change.

But P.O.D has really gone overboard on this one. If I had a Christian Music Store I would pull all there stuff off the shelf.

But that's just me.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

POD artwork

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:38 am

I'd seen it but I just didn't comment. Actually I don't know that I see what all the ruckus is about. It's maybe a little bit weird at first glance, but so is POD's music... anyone who would take it off the shelf because of the artwork was stupid if they didn't take it off the shelf because of the MUSIC long ago. Not that I oppose POD; I love their stuff in small doses. But if you're afraid of something that you have to look a little closer to understand then POD is not for you anyway.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:39 am

I have always had a problem with POD delving into the underworld, so to speak, along with other bands in their genre.

I think one needs to draw the line somewhere with so-called Christian punk / hardcore music. Most of the music I'm referring to sounds angry and rebellious in an evil sort of way. I don't see any Christian witness at all with wearing black finger nail polish and multiple body piercings and the garb. And I don't like bands that use mythology and mystical symbols that are not understood by the majority of Christians, much less the general public.

To me, this is not ministry at all. This puts out a bad image that brings out bad influences. If the appearance of the band, their artwork and their music causes you to feel angry or rebellious, or unsure about whether the band you're listening to is good or evil... to me, these bands are simply bad news.

Some people may argue that this is alternative music that is actually a tool for witnessing to a difficult to witness to crowd. I disagree with that.

I'm not saying that all punk or hardcore is bad. But there needs to be some accountability out there that if you're a band that is going to dress rebelliously in the name of ministry, then you need to balance it with bold, unashamed witness. Bands like Skillet, 12 Stones, etc..., do this very well.

POD may not be exactly what I'm referring to here... they do have some songs I like, like Youth of the Nation. But the negative vibes and nuances they illicit with their artwork and general appearance I think do not belong in the Christian arena.

Some may say... look at Stryper and other 80's metal bands. This is not even in the same category. Just listen to any Stryper song for proof of that. They were all about ministry. They dressed the garb, but it wasn't evil looking or offensive. I always felt uplifted and strengthened when listening to Stryper and like bands.

Hey, it's 2:45am, and I don't think I'm making sense anymore, so I'm going to bed!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:01 pm

Well, the art work is sort of strange, but I've actually seen a lot worse. David makes a good point though, the emphasis should be on solid Bible based lyrics, not on looking a certain way. Their priorities are wrong if they're focused on looking a certain way. POD is a better alternative then some of the bands out there.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:07 pm

Just thought I'd mention that the artwork is very similar to that found in Smashing Pumpkins' "Machina: The Machines Of God" album. The focus of that album was VERY spiritual, albeit, it's quite debatable what the spiritual meaning was. That album was also a concept, or "story," album, although I don't know if P.O.D's new one is in any way.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."