Liberals

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:52 pm

I think as far as pro choice goes God is as well.

We are told to obey the laws set over us. Paul wrote this when christians were being feed to the lions. The way to change it is with prayer. It is the law to allow a woman to kill her child if it is not a good time for her. God will not change the will of a person. Through prayer He will help to change there thinking and we , as christians should do more to help these woman find forgiveness after the act.

I know I just opened a can of wormes and I am sorry if it makes you upset. Just think about it.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Hehe.

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:57 pm

I do understand what you mean Debbie, but you'd better put on your fireproof suit. :D Abortion may not be right but it is legal.

The most effective means of protest and the best way to help someone is with prayer. :)
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:58 pm

Pethead1 wrote:I think as far as pro choice goes God is as well.
Debbie, could you exlain that comment, please?

If you're saying that abortion is okay because it's legal, I have serious issues with that. I don't think that's what you meant, but only you can say for sure.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Well...

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:47 pm

I think she was trying to say that God lets us choose whether or not to obey Him. I don't think she was trying to say abortion was okay because it's legal. Of course it's not okay because it's legal. People have to be willing to obey God for Him to do His work. But I'll let her explain what she meant.

Things have a way of getting screwed up when men make laws or decisions based on what they want rather than what God wants.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:12 pm

That is right, Shell. You really sound like a well-grounded person. I noticed you're from L.A. I would say that a lot of people who don't live in California think that people who do are all pretty weird and very liberal. You don't seem that way at all. I don't know if other people ask you this or not, but do you sometimes feel out of place because you are morally upright while so many others are off the wall? Just wondering because where I'm from, people think the average Californians have pony tails, are vegetarians and tree-huggers. Please don't take offense by my asking... I'm just curious. :D

It's sort of like people thinking that people from Kentucky marry their cousins and drive pick-up trucks with gun racks! :D
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

He.

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:34 pm

I live about a half hour south of Hollywood if that tells you anything. :D

There are some weirdos out here, but they really are everywhere. It might be a little more prevalent here because this is where of a lot of the secular entertainment industry is located. Anyone who is living for themselves is bound to run into trouble no matter what part of the country they're in. I figure as long as I'm doing what God wants me to do I'm okay. I feel a little out of place sometimes, but I don't worry about it a whole lot. And people will usually respect someone who will stick up for their beliefs.

And it's God who makes me well grounded, trust me, I couldn't be that way on my own. :lol: I'm just your basic geek the Lord has had mercy on.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

hehehehe

Post by epdc » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:30 pm

I used to imagine kentucky like that hehehehe.

and california and florida like states where everybody is party all the time :P

some people imagine mexico like the "speedy gonzales mexico" and is not like that at all LOL.
I love speedy gonzales :roll:

sorry but i don`t know much about politics, i can hardly understand my own country politics.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

civil disobedience

Post by Michael » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:20 am

I don't think that God says something is right just because the law of man says it is. What if the law said that the way to divorce a spouse was to kill them? Or what if the law said that it was okay to steal a car for transportation if your income level was below a certain point? What about Adolph Hitler... he was the guy in charge, so what he said was law. By that reasoning, God would have smiled on the Holocaust. I know those are extreme examples, but I find it helpful to take things to extremes sometimes to find the real truth... it's pretty easy to dismiss an unborn baby as OK to terminate just because you can't see it. I still believe that life happens at conception, and that is the real issue: if a fetus is a living human being, abortion is killing another human being. If a fetus is not a living human being, abortion is removing an inconevnient growth from a woman's body.

Human laws often contradict each other; if a fetus is alive, abortion is state-sanctioned murder, and murder is outlawed. God's laws never do contradict each other. Where our human laws disagree with God's laws, it is our duty as Christians to understand that, oppose laws that laugh in the face of God, and try to get them changed by legal means if possible, but NOT by breaking another law such as killing or threatening abortion doctors, etc.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:26 am

I was trying to say that God will not change a persons will. God will never want to see any person killed.

My words arn't what they should be when I write but I do not want any one to think I belive something I do not.

I do not think abortion is right because it is legal. I am not even saying God thinks so. But we are still to obey the laws so when we as christians do thing to help people understand why abortion is wrong we need to be careful. God did tell us to obey the laws. Paul told us that the christians were being fed to the lions, But Paul still told them to obey.

We can pray that girls change there heart, vote for people who see the horrors of abortion, And be there after the girls have an abortion and do our best to show Gods forgivness According to Gods word as long as it is legal thats all we can really do.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:39 am

Yep!! You said it all, there Debbie! Thanks for clarifying! :D
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Yep.

Post by Shell » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:22 am

I thought you'd come up with a good explanation, Debbie.

Another reason I believe abortion is wrong, other than obviously it's murder, is that there are other things like adoption available if a lady finds herself dealing with a bad situation. There are a lot of couples out there who aren't able to have children who would love to adopt.

The abortion industry takes total advantage of women. I used to work at a Christian crisis pregnancy center in the late 80s and early 90s and I could not believe how many girls would come in thinking they didn't have any choice but to have an abortion, and that's what the abortion industry wants them to think. Lies, lies, lies. :P Right to choose my cute
Scotch-Irish booty. They can choose not to have an abortion too.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Thanks

Post by Michael » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:01 pm

Debbie, thanks for clarifying... I was pretty flabbergasted at your original comment. :) Actually, as far as the term "pro-choice" goes, really God said in Deut 30:19 " This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." God gives us a choice, and then gives us a strong hint at the right answer. ;)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:28 pm

I will do my best to be more carefull next time. The mind of a dexlesic never seems to get to the fingers at the right time. :)
0 x