THE NEXT PETRA PROJECT ?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
MATTHEW DOUGLAS
Pethead
Pethead

THE NEXT PETRA PROJECT ?

Post by MATTHEW DOUGLAS » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:27 pm

Hi everyone on the zone, i hope all is well for you in all that the Lord has you doing on this day. As a Pethead here in the Twin Cities area, it has come to mind how Petra can be used to help the men, and women who are in the fight over in Iraq, who need the Lords help in every way, it is my hope, that as a ministry, Petra could record a cd project to honor our veterans in uniform over seas, who may have lost all hope in the Lord Jesus Christ, and who cry for the people in the Middle East who are indeed lost and not yet found. If not a new cd, then perhaps a USO tour and rock the Middle East with the word of God. What do you think friends?
0 x
PETRA ROCKS MY WORLD 4-EVER

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

bad idea

Post by rlima » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:55 pm

I disagree with you, because the basis of this invasion of Iraq (the real name of this invasion) is the sin of lie. President Bush did lie to USA about chemical weapons, and now the truth is been know to everyone. If Petra do this, they'll maculate their ministry worldwide, because some people will associate them with this dirty and sinful politics, and it will be a damage to the Gospel.
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

Outcast4him
Pethead
Pethead

Re: bad idea

Post by Outcast4him » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:13 pm

rlima wrote:I disagree with you, because the basis of this invasion of Iraq (the real name of this invasion) is the sin of lie. President Bush did lie to USA about chemical weapons, and now the truth is been know to everyone. If Petra do this, they'll maculate their ministry worldwide, because some people will associate them with this dirty and sinful politics, and it will be a damage to the Gospel.
You are wrong. He didnt lie. The facts will come out. Saddam the loser probably..destroyed some of them and moved the others outa the country.

I believe Bush and support him. Plus there were other countries that knew of Saddams projects.

However your entitled to your opinion about the war and Bush, even thou your a liberal.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Re: bad idea

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:50 pm

rlima wrote: President Bush did lie to USA about chemical weapons, and now the truth is been know to everyone.
No offense, but if you didn't live outside the United States, I'd swear you'd been living in a cave during the past 15 years.

To make such an assinine statement is either from having been brainwashed by liberals or out of sheer ignorance of the facts. Pure and simple.

Anyone with any common sense KNOWS Saddam had WMD. Many of these weapons could be the size of a vile of poison that could be buried somewhere out in the sand. And you think these can be easily found?

Let me guess... you'd rather just sit and wait for a dirty bomb to go off in the middle of Manhattan? Didn't that already happen once on 911?

I thank God that people who think that way are out of power in my country. And if I have anything to do with it, there will never be another liberal in the White House.

May God bless George W Bush and the USA!
0 x

eknock
Pethead
Pethead

Lies?

Post by eknock » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:21 am

President Bush did lie to USA about chemical weapons, and now the truth is been know to everyone

No, I don't know of any lies, please share them with us rlima :)
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:22 am

Difficult matter... Even though you guys are so much in favour of Bush, you have to admit that none of his claims has proven to be true. No WMD's have been found and recently there were some doubts expressed about the existence of WMD's by the head of the inspections (an American) and even by mr. Powell.
However, it's been a good thing that a vicious dictator who has been terrorizing his people for far too long has been removed.

But I do understand the resistance against Bush and his policy from Europe and the Middle East. Americans tend to believe that the rest of the world feels bad for not being American. And the rest of the world does not at all feel bad for not being American! Perhaps this is why some people resist Bush and his policy.

And about Petra in the Middle East: that would be great and ground-breaking. But somehow I feel the Middle Eastern world is not very receptive towards Petra's style of music... :wink:
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

It would be un-American for me not to respond

Post by Jonathan » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:26 am

I think its ridiculous to think that God cannot use the new freedoms Iraqis now enjoy to opt for the message that Christ has for them. Christ is pursuing them, and this situation can open the door for Him, or it can just be an open door to the filth and bunnies the Iraqis are currently opting for.

You are falling victim to the liberal rhetoric. Bush will respond, once the rest of the democratic buffoons (I mean, candidates) are weeded out and its a two-man race. Our intelligence (which was abhorred and destroyed by Clinton) will be held accountable. Only time will tell.

If Brasilia is dirty bombed, you'll have a change of heart.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:34 am

It's not a question as to IF the WMDs existed. They were CATALOGUED during the 1990s!

And... we all know that Saddam gassed his own people, during which THOUSANDS of innocent Iraqis died. There is no better proof of WMD than that.

And besides, it really doesn't matter if there were WMD or not. Saddam was clearly part of the war on Terror, and he needed to go. Remember the airline fusalage that was found somewhere in Iraq where the 911 terrorists had been training?

Anyone who questions whether or not Saddam had WMD is speaking out of turn, and they obviously DON'T know what they're talking about. They've been brainwashed by all the liberal blowhards out there and the liberal media, and they haven't bothered to learn the facts.

And shame on the Republicans if we choose to take the high road on this one... we need to attack liberalism RIGHT NOW and cut it to it's very core.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: It would be un-American for me not to respond

Post by LexingtonPethead » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:36 am

Jonathan wrote:I think its ridiculous to think that God cannot use the new freedoms Iraqis now enjoy to opt for the message that Christ has for them. Christ is pursuing them, and this situation can open the door for Him, or it can just be an open door to the filth and bunnies the Iraqis are currently opting for.

You are falling victim to the liberal rhetoric. Bush will respond, once the rest of the democratic buffoons (I mean, candidates) are weeded out and its a two-man race. Our intelligence (which was abhorred and destroyed by Clinton) will be held accountable. Only time will tell.

If Brasilia is dirty bombed, you'll have a change of heart.
Well said, Jonathan!! :D
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: BS

Post by LexingtonPethead » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:20 am

Matthew RJ wrote:WMDs aren't found, so suddenly it becomes a human rights, humanitarian thing. I think it's odd.

Shall we talk about the massacres in Africa? How many died in Rwanda. No oil there, no compassion from the USA. But the poor people of Iraq certainly need your help.
MatthewRJ,

Those "other" countries you speak of were not tied to the attack on 9-11-01. Saddam was clearly involved. This is not even debatable.

And like it or not, whether WMDs are found or not, the humanitarian side to this most definitely did NOT just materialize. Contrary to what you say, the humanitarian aspect of giving Saddam the boot was a major point of discussion before Operation Iraqi Freedom ever began. This is well documented if you care to do any research.

You certainly have your nerve to think that the USA is not compassionate towards other countries. We give away untold BILLIONS of dollars in humanitarian aid all over the world. This is extrememly well documented.

I think that if a couple of jets came crashing into a skyscraper in Ottawa, you'd have a different take on this.
0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:47 am

If the left would quit misquoteing Kay we would not even be wondering.
There will always be things we will not know because we do not need to know. The leaders we choise have a very hard job. They will all go to there graves knowing more than they can ever say.
Clinton even had the same info the same stuff every other country had and go look up what all theese libreals said when Clinton was in.

Kinda makes the left the liers don't it?????????
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:54 am

THE PHONY WMD CONTROVERSY CONTINUES

The media and the Democrats continue to be obsessed with the weapons of mass destruction that have yet to be found in Iraq. Don't be misled here, this has nothing to do with finding the truth. Their true mission: to prove that the President lied, that George Bush knowingly misled the American people and invaded Iraq knowing there weren't any weapons of mass destruction. But there were, and the Democrats and their buddies in the media know it.

In an Oval Office interview with the President taped Saturday but aired yesterday morning on Meet the Press, Tim Russert grilled Bush for most of the hour on this very issue. What always seems to get left out is the fact that Saddam Hussein defied the United Nations for 12 years, violated resolution after resolution, had WMD, used WMD and kicked out inspectors. The man threatened the world and his neighbors...that is, until a Republican moved into the White House.

No, what is really happening here is that the Democrats are not being called out on their selective amnesia about Iraq. For 8 years during the Clinton administration, many Democrats warned of the threat of Saddam Hussein and even sent letters to the President concerned that enough wasn't being done. It wasn't until George Bush came along and did something about Saddam Hussein that they are all upset.

President Bush only did what the Democrats and the UN were too afraid to do themselves; he rid the world of Saddam Hussein, and made the world a safer place.

Do you buy the idea that those weapons didn't exist, or that Saddam destroyed them? Consider this: At one time Iraq claimed that it had 8,500 liters of anthrax. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? That would be 8.5 tons. In February Colin Powell said that it was possible that Hussein could have three times that much anthrax in liquid form. That would be 25 tons. How much space would it take to hide 25 tons of liquid anthrax? One 18-wheel tanker truck. That's all. Remember, please, that Hussein had Russian MIG jet fighters buried in the Iraqi desert. How many places could you bury a tanker truck? Or maybe you would just reduce that liquid anthrax to powder form? How much space would that take? About 12 suitcases. Twelve suitcases could have been hidden in Saddam's spidey hole. Just something to think about.

THIS IS FROM BOORTZ.COM. the truth hurts
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by LexingtonPethead » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:11 am

Wow, Debbie!! This really smacks liberal Democrats right between their eyes!!

The truth always comes out sooner or later.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:56 am

Difficult matter... Even though you guys are so much in favour of Bush, you have to admit that none of his claims has proven to be true.
They aren't Bush's claims, as the media and the Democrats would have you believe. Most every country, heck, even the UN, had intelligence that said that Saddam had WMD.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:38 pm

I guess it's time for the heated political debate again. :D

Things haven't gotten too out of hand yet, but let's try to keep it from going that direction, shall we? :)
0 x