NEXT PETRA PROJECT AGAIN ?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
MATTHEW DOUGLAS
Pethead
Pethead

NEXT PETRA PROJECT AGAIN ?

Post by MATTHEW DOUGLAS » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:53 pm

To my Pethead friends all over Gods creation, as a Pethead who has posted many times recenty, i mean no disrespect to anyone who loves Petra, and the Lord Jesus Christ, but on my last post i only asked if Petra could perhaps record a new cd project to honor our men, and women in uniform of the United States, or do a USO tour, and rock the Middle East with the good news for the glory of the one true God, Jesus Christ our Lord, and Savior. As a four year United States Navy man who has seen what it is like in Iraq in the mid 1980' s where many of my friends lost their lives each day, i feel it is time for our christian brothers, and sisters to stand up for the cross of Jesus, and help out in anyway they can for our Men, and Women in uniform, as they need our support no matter what you think about the world problems of todays society, and Petra could be a big part in supporting the effort to bring peace to the Middle East, as they are the Best Christian Band, and you can' t have peace without Jesus Christ at the core of the Peace effort, and our troops need all the help they can get for such a time as this. Your friend Matt :lol:
0 x
PETRA ROCKS MY WORLD 4-EVER

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlima » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:47 pm

Hi, it's me again, but don't worry, no political issues this time :lol: !!
I think they can do a bigger stuff. Why don't Petra lead a movement to help the people of Iraq and Afghanistan to rebuild their countries, like the Live Aid concert, or "We Are the World" record (without Michael Jackson, of course :lol: !). I think that we, as Christians, must lead in issues like these, and it's a great opportunity to share the Gospel worldwide.
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:16 pm

I think it would be easer to do USO. Because the majority population is Islamic. I don't think they would be open to any Christian bands,much less rock.While you may want Petra to do a concert there, would you want them to be shot because of their Christianity.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

MATTHEW DOUGLAS
Pethead
Pethead

NOW WERE ON THE RIGHT TRACK FRIENDS !!

Post by MATTHEW DOUGLAS » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:21 pm

Hi Pethead friends, now we are on the right track to put Petra on the map again with the Lord Jesus Christ in front to help bring peace to all of the Middle East where we can share the truth again, and win the lost souls to Christ with the men of Petra doing what they do best. Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ for all the Petheads this day, keep up the good work!! :lol:
0 x
PETRA ROCKS MY WORLD 4-EVER

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

fdotpeteroger

Post by executioner » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:01 pm

No it wasn't overlooked. It was not quoted on because you are right. I hope you didn't get the impression that I was doing that. I support Bush because he stands up for his beliefs which are Christian, but I support my Lord and Saviour whole heartedly. You and people outside of the U.S. has a negative tone towards him and I think it is because he's been steping on your toes a little bit. I would be scared if everybody was agreeing with him and everything he was doing.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: fdotpeteroger

Post by Michael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:23 pm

executioner wrote:You and people outside of the U.S. has a negative tone towards him...
Careful about being confrontational.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

i

Post by epdc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:41 pm

I so wanna say my point of view about Bush but I wont :D , see? I can control myself :wink:
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:01 pm

Careful about being confrontational.
Michael, I understand your concern in that you would hope that we all get along, but I do not think it is right to stray away from topics that cause controversy or close threads because of a hotly debated discussion. If the discussion turns into a flame war, then I agree that it should be ended.

However, just because we are Christians does not mean we should only talk about things we agree and just "get along" when it comes to issues we disagree on. This forum is for anything non-Petra related, and as there are currently no stipulations on what can be talked about in this forum, it is not right to single out topics for closure. Threads will die on their own in time.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

rlima
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlima » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:14 pm

It's so sad. For some people, the flag still stands higher than the cross. The Bible has a name for it: idolatry. :cry:
0 x
Jesus is my Lord, Brazil is my place and I have a lovely wife and a cute little girl!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Locked Thread

Post by Michael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:32 pm

separateunion wrote:Michael, I understand your concern in that you would hope that we all get along, but I do not think it is right to stray away from topics that cause controversy or close threads because of a hotly debated discussion. If the discussion turns into a flame war, then I agree that it should be ended.
Exactly... that is why the last one was ended. The fact that this one was instantly started back up shows disrespect for the moderators, in fact.
separateunion wrote:However, just because we are Christians does not mean we should only talk about things we agree and just "get along" when it comes to issues we disagree on. This forum is for anything non-Petra related, and as there are currently no stipulations on what can be talked about in this forum, it is not right to single out topics for closure. Threads will die on their own in time.
Really, every page here says "The PETRA Zone," and really this forum is for talking about Petra. The previous thread was allowed to go on and on for many many posts, and participants were asked gently to move the discussion to a more appropriate board. Before the topic was closed, all participants did seem to agree to finish the conversation, but in doing so they made statements which were obvious parting shots. Although they said basically that they were going to give up the argument, they did not give it up. Each side tried to get the last word.

This discussion, which is actually an unresolvable argument (nobody is going to budge from their position), neither advances the cause of Christ, nor the ministry of Petra, nor the politics of any nation. All it is doing is making people angry. In fact, it is most likely doing more to make us dislike members of another culture than to come together with other believers in Christ.

That said... I tried to reason with you guys. I tried to talk you into shaking hands and agreeing to disagree. Then when I thought we had reached a brief truce, I locked the thread before things ignited again to help us avoid temptation to open old wounds. You guys decided to start the argument up again anyway. Fine, pommel each other silly. Americans, go ahead and hate the Mexicans and Canadians, and Mexicans and Canadians, you go ahead and hate the Americans. I'm sure Jesus approves highly of all the religious rhetoric both sides are using to belittle other believers. I'm sick of trying to gently keep you from strangling each other.

When I was a kid, my mom got tired of my brother and me scuffling, so she sent us out in the yard to beat each other silly. I'm out of this thread; go ahead and beat each other silly. I guess we don't have any enemies out in the world to face; it's much better to scuffle with the other Christians.

0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:56 pm

rlima wrote:It's so sad. For some people, the flag still stands higher than the cross. The Bible has a name for it: idolatry. :cry:
You know something, it was a comment like this in the first thread that started the bickering in the first place, and it came from the same person. You, sir, are fixated on the idea that being pro-American and supporting our president is somehow tantamount to idolatry.

Basically, you're discriminating against those of us who believe in the values of the USA and who support our president by calling us pagans in the above quote. You have several times accused those of us who love our country of equating Bush with God and America as the Chosen One or the Promised Land as well as other radical statements. You might as well call us heathens next time!

So don't start accusing anyone else of flying their flag above the cross. Instead, you need to get rid of the anti-American chip on your shoulder.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Re: Locked Thread

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:15 am

Michael wrote:This discussion, which is actually an unresolvable argument (nobody is going to budge from their position), neither advances the cause of Christ, nor the ministry of Petra, nor the politics of any nation. All it is doing is making people angry. In fact, it is most likely doing more to make us dislike members of another culture than to come together with other believers in Christ.[/img]
Michael, you are right that this is unresolvable. But how do you justify letting someone get by with masking their accusatory, judgemental and anti-American statements with the banner of Christ?

Personally, I don't appreciate being called an idolator just because I love my country and respect my president because of his moral character and his faith in Christ. That's hypocritical behavior, and it needs to be called out for what it is.

And, it could have been worse... I mean, many of us could probably write a book on how liberalism is evil and comes straight from the pit. But we didn't.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:28 am

Exactly... that is why the last one was ended. The fact that this one was instantly started back up shows disrespect for the moderators, in fact.
The last thread did not get out of hand, imo. I am a moderator, in case you have forgotten, and I, for one, found the closing of the previous thread uncalled for. The conversation had not gotten out of hand, nor was civilty being wahsed down the drain. If people can't take a little heat in a discussion, tough, that's life, but closing threads that discuss issues many of us disagree only limits everyone in the long run. Discussions like that are good and can be very educating.
Really, every page here says "The PETRA Zone," and really this forum is for talking about Petra. The previous thread was allowed to go on and on for many many posts, and participants were asked gently to move the discussion to a more appropriate board. Before the topic was closed, all participants did seem to agree to finish the conversation, but in doing so they made statements which were obvious parting shots. Although they said basically that they were going to give up the argument, they did not give it up. Each side tried to get the last word.

No, the Petra forum is for us to talk about Petra. The off topic forum was created specifically for Petra fans to discuss any non-Petra related issue that we desire to discuss. There have not as of yet been any limits put on what is fair game to discuss in this forum.

No one agreed to end the discussion (except rlima), so therefore, no one tried to get a parting shot in, not even rlima.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:14 am

0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:29 am

We were attacked on our own soil. We are defending our selfs.
Some of us feel more strongley about than others. This is a christian way to feel.
We were attacked because we are a christian nation. The USS Cole was attacked because we are a christian nation. The people who are trying to attack us are antichristian and hate christians in every contry.

They have called a holey war against all christians.
Lets put Bush in another light. Do we as christians all over the world want a US prez who rolls over and says, gee what next. I do not think so. The war has over 30 countrys fighting with us in many places over the world. Fighting so you can have the freedom to live the way you are used to. Not fighting just for the USA. Over 3000 people died in 9-11 every country in the world lost people because no one had ever stood up to the terriost before.
0 x