Gay Marriage? We need to act! Give this your Petra passion!

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
eknock
Pethead
Pethead

Gay Marriage? We need to act! Give this your Petra passion!

Post by eknock » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:18 pm

We currently have a huge opportunity in the US to ban gay "marriage". This fight will be extremely hard; we need to give it our all.

You may be familiar with a recent Massachusetts Supreme Court decision legalizing Gay marriage. There is currently a huge battle in the state legislature to pass an amendment in that state banning gay marriage. The more important battle however lies at the federal level.

There are currently 2 constitutional amendments pending in congress. Both of them would ban gay marriage, but they are not the same.

One called the Federal Marriage Amendment (FMA) would allow so called gay �civil unions�. These civil unions would in effect amount to marriages, just without the name.

The second more strongly worded amendment being proposed is called the Institution of Marriage Amendment (IMA), and it would ban gay marriage and also ban pseudo marriage �civil unions�. The text of this proposed amendment is as follows:

"Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither the United States nor any State shall recognize or grant to any unmarried person the legal rights or status of a spouse."

Congress has been reluctant to take on this issue of civil unions, and they will not unless there is a huge outcry from the people who vote them in.

I could go into a lot more depth right now, but I will bring it down to this: We need to act. Please call and write your congressmen and senators, and also President Bush. Tell them all to support the Institution of Marriage Amendment that would also ban gay civil unions. Also, it can not be overstated how important prayer is in this situation. So pray and act to support the sanctity of marriage. We can�t afford to sit on our hands on this one�

To read more about the state of marriage in our nation and about these specific proposals go to: http://hslda.org/docs/nche/000010/200402050.asp

To contact your congressmen and senators: 202-224-3121. An operator will connect you directly with the office you request.

To contact the White House: 202-456-1414

Although e-mails are good, telephone calls and letters are tremendously more effective in influencing your legislators.
0 x

MATTHEW DOUGLAS
Pethead
Pethead

I AM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE !!

Post by MATTHEW DOUGLAS » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:30 pm

Hi Pethead friend, i am with you on this on buddy, you will get the Petheads moving now, LETS GO AND FIGHT !! :lol:
0 x
PETRA ROCKS MY WORLD 4-EVER

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:34 pm

Done. Well in the morning. Its going to a fight. But I am ready, bring it on.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:52 pm

This is definitely a very important issue, but it is not Petra related, so it's getting moved to Off-Topic.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onnyII » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:23 pm

I know u pplz r going to fight me on this one but: "I hate gays!!!" and what I hate the most is that everyday u c 'em on TV.. tellin our children that HomOsexuality it's normal.... well.... NO IT'S NOT!!!!!!!! :evil:

Sorry.. I had to speak my mind.....
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:47 pm

I know what you're trying to say... you hate the way they promote their perverse lifestyle, and you hate the sin. I feel the same way, brother.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:02 pm

It is really sad how they could think something that's so obviously against God's law is normal.

Hate the sin though...There is forgiveness for them if they turn from their sin.

It is totally NOT right for them to try and force their sinful lifestyle on society...Funny (in a sad way) how you hear all this nonsense about THEIR rights. What about the Christian's right not to be subjected to it?
0 x