epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

you might call me cold but

Post by epdc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:15 pm

I HATE VALENTINE`S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the most selfish holiday in the world!!!!!!!!!
only boyfriends and girlfriends celebrate it. what about the single ones???

In M�xico we call it "the day of love and friendship" but COME ON, is all about roses, little hearts, teddy bears with signs saying "I love you".

You might think I`m jealous, well, YES I AM!!!!, I hate when I see happy couples in valentin�s day, I get mad when I see roses in a girl`s hands and also I get mad when I see girls receiving presents from their boyfriends LOL , GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ya know when am I gonna enjoy it and love it? when I get a boyfriend , but meanwhile, I`ll be praying that God makes that Fox and Bush make a law in USA and M�xico about not celebrating that day.

I might wear black clothes tomorrow, who`s with me? LOLOL.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

ya know what else

Post by epdc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:17 pm

that day only reminds the single people (ME) that they are single :evil: :evil:
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:48 pm

I LOVE YOU ELO. WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?

I do know what you mean. We have been married 21 years and have never done anything diffrent. Just a day to spend too much money on flowers and candy.
Debbie
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Blah.

Post by Shell » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:58 pm

There are those who agree with you Elo. It's just another day where the candy and card companies make money.

What a stupid holiday. :P Couples should be doing special stuff for each other all year, not just on one day.

We should have a special singles holiday. :D
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:37 am

Hey Shell, I agree with you. It's a holiday to make money - and sell lots of chocolate, hehehe.

Hey Elo - I know it's tuff when you are single - just imagine all the people who've lost loved ones or the ones that got divorced. Sometimes those holidays are sad. When Warren's wife divorced him and the divorce was final it was on Valentines Day two years ago.
You are not alone feeling this way. I remember never celebrating Valentines because I agree with Shell, couples should love one another every single day and do special things for each other, not necessarily buying stuff, but loving one another. How about loving the Lord - every single day - not just Valentines day.
Elo, just remember you are special to Jesus and HE loves you and HE is your "valentine" year around, day after day, hour for hour, minute for minute.....

Huuugggssss........
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

i`m so glad

Post by epdc » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:03 am

to see there`s a whole group who is praying for this holiday be cancelled lol.

YEAH DEBBIE,!!!!!!THANKS FOR THE FLOWERS :D
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onnyII » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:18 pm

ELO: wanna be my Valentine? :roll:
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:48 pm

Awwwww.... now ain't that cute!!! :D :lol:
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

david

Post by epdc » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:36 pm

what`s cute????

AWWWWW domingo, you are such a nice friend :D
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:41 pm

He's probably talking about Debbie's smileys. :) Don't worry, it's over for another year.
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Re: ....

Post by LexingtonPethead » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:11 pm

Shell wrote:He's probably talking about Debbie's smileys. :) Don't worry, it's over for another year.
Ha!! OnnyII wants to be Elo's Valentine!
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

V-Day

Post by Michael » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:16 am

I'll say something about single people knowing full well I heard the same thing and didn't believe it when I was single. You really need to enjoy the things about being single while you have a chance, because when you get married you're married for GOOD! Marriage is great, don't get me wrong, but there are some things that you have as a single that you don't have as a married person. You can spend your money however you want, for example. If you want to move or go on the mission field and you have the resources, you can pick up and go. You don't have to worry about when someone else wants to sleep or get up. You don't have to buy birth control. :shock: hehe

I realize several of those things are less true unless you live alone, but you get my drift. V-day has so many possibilities of being a DISASTER, even for couples... what if I buy the wrong gift? What if I pick the wrong restaurant? What if we can't get into 50 First Dates?? It's a tough holiday. It has potential to be really nice for a couple who doesn't put pressure on each other, but it has so much potential to be hurtful. D'OH... why can't anniversaries be enough? The restaurants are less crowded on my anniversary, and flowers are cheaper. :)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Yep.

Post by Shell » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:01 pm

I've always thought I'm much better off not being married and sort of wishing I was sometimes than being married and sort of wishing I wasn't. :shock:

I actually do have a lot of fun being single, and I do know I'd never be happy being married if I'm not happy being single. Valentine's Day just gets on my nerves. :P

And besides, the team of Elo and Shell had to come up with something to post about. :D
0 x

RockMe
Pethead
Pethead

Valentine

Post by RockMe » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:11 pm

Hey all!

I have to agree with Elo here. There is nothing good about Valentine's day. Here are a few reasons why:

Singles feel HORRIBLE with everyone implying they are somehow inferior

Couples (especially men) feel obligated to "prove" their love in materialistic ways

It actually HURTS romance in a relationship. Whereas a guy might otherwise be more inclined to be spontaneous at other times throughout the year, an official holiday makes him feel FAR less guilty about not doing anything during the rest of the year.

So do America a favor and BAN CORPORATE VALENTINE'S DAY next year. Give your significant-other a nice, romantic evening at home. Send the kids out instead of yourselves. Don't buy cards or candy or flowers or jewelry. Treat it like a date. An honest-to-goodness, old-fashioned date. Then buy the flowers, candy, and jewelry a few days later at a huge discount! ;)

Catch you guys later.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

RE

Post by epdc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:45 pm

I enjoy being single Michael :), but valentine`s day makes me feel bad about it hehehe because I can`t celebrate it ya know, kinda feel left out ya know?.

I believe love should be express all year not just valentines. I would appreciate more if the guy makes something nice in the less unexpected day than in valentine`s ya know. All those gifts guys suppose to give to girls makes me feel like if they were doing it as an "obbligation" ya know.

I so would like to have someone in my life but up to know, until God`s time, I`m Ok :) I enjoy this because maybe one day I won`t have it anymore, I don`t know. :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!