A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Passion of The Christ

Post by executioner » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:27 am

Did anybody see Mel Gibson's interview last night on PrimeTime Live? I thought it was real interesting. I disagree with him on some points he made, but overall I think he is doing this film for the right reasons.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:24 am

I saw it. I thought he did very well. They seemed to be trying to through him off. He keep telling then to read the Bible.
He does belive some things I dont see the same way. But he is doing a great thing with this movie. It seems the most imporant thing he has.
Christ and Him Crucifide.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Passion

Post by Michael » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:34 am

We watched it... Cat seems to think that Diane was being hard on him, but from my point of view she was just asking all the questions that have been asked of him and letting him have his say. Basically, asking what the audience at home has been wondering about; that's her job. And I thought Mel gave a very good interview... by this time he OUGHT to be a pro at it... and came across as extremely intelligent and knowlegeable. She could have made him look like a lunatic if she wanted. It's easy to tape a different set of questions after the interview and splice them in.

Did anyone but me notice that several times in one hour on prime time TV, Mel Gibson shared the exact Gospel with a huge viewing audience??
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

I noticed

Post by executioner » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:03 pm

I noticed it and it was awesome. I want to see the ratings for this, because the Gospel was given on national prime time television. Our pastor has had the privilege of watching it and he said it is GREAT! I am really excited about seeing it. The interview was very emotional for my wife and I. Do you think it would ok to take kids too? I have mixed feelings about it, but I think our son will be going; He has yet to give his heart to the Lord.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:17 pm

I am taking my 14 and 15 year olds. My pastor has seen it as well and said it would be a good idia to watch it first befor you take kids under 12 because it is so real. My 9 yead old says it is not fair he says he knows what happens. " Jesus dies and comes back so we can be forgven". I am going to see it first and see if all the blood is too much.

I will most likley take him to see it latter but I will be better able to talk to him first to let him know how real it is.

This could bring a lot of people to the Lord and I cant wate.
0 x

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:39 pm

I wouldn't allow a young child to see this movie. Gibson himself admits that it's "shockingly violent."

Besides, you can always buy the DVD and show it to 'em later.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:56 pm

My obviously wacko prediction: I think we're gonna be hearing about a lot of physical healings en movie theaters. This seems to have all the markings of a major move by God.

Anyone agree? Guess we'll see in a week or two. (Though it will take longer than that to get here to Ecuador.)
0 x

lucasmcgraw
Pethead
Pethead

Well...

Post by lucasmcgraw » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:42 am

I thought Mel did fine until he was asked if only Christians could go to heaven. His answer dissapointed me. He said that Muslims and other will go to heaven, but it won't be as easy for them. That statement nullifies the purpose for Christ's Pashion! No man comes to the father except by JESUS! I know he is a catholic and I am glad he made this movie, but that just goes to show you that you have to always be on your gaurd. Don't put faith in Mel, Petra or anyone other than the Lord. Man will fail and dissapoint. God will never let us down.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

wow

Post by epdc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:54 pm

you guys gotta share your impressions when you see it ok?, it`s gonna take a while to arrive to M�xico too.

How sad Mel said that though I kind of understand why he says that but is not right his statement.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Without Excuse

Post by Michael » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:39 pm

There is a passage in the first chapter of Romans that seems to imply that it is possible to find God without knowing the Gospel story. Here it is (in part):
In Romans 1:18-20 Paul wrote:The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
I'm not saying that I think people should be Muslims if that's what gives 'em kicks... far from it. I think that the way to be sure that you wind up in Heaven is to receive Jesus as your Savior, grab hold of the Word of God, and hang on to both for dear life. But that passage sure is provocative, isn't it?

Who here has read C.S. Lewis' The Last Battle (the end of the Chronicles of Narnia)? In the story there is someone who is part of what would be considered an occult religion in our world, is accepted by Aslan (a lion who represents Jesus in the story) into Heaven because he unwittingly has been serving Aslan thinking he was serving the occult false deity. I wonder how many CSL-loving Christians have really throught about the implications of that chapter?

</getting self in trouble mode off>
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:28 pm

I watched it too. I thought he seemed a little nervous or twitchy, but I enjoyed it too. I am anxious to see this movie. From what I saw of the clips it definately will be violent at points. I think you should watch it or wait for the review before any pre-17 year olds see it.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

YES I DID

Post by epdc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:31 pm

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That part of Narnia came to my mind. But also about some stuff I have been reading in college, about when America was discovered (?), whole europe was wondering if indians were humans or not, if they were sons and daughters of adam and eve. The church was wondering what`s up with this people that didn`t know God. There were many theories and one of I don`t remember the name, said that yeah, this people was worshipping false gods but they had a good will ya know, they really had an strong devotion to their gods, ya know, in a nutshell.

I`m not saying that you don`t need Jesus NO WAY, I`m saying "interesting theory, uh?".
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

now I remember more

Post by epdc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:39 pm

thos catholic priest said that the indians were looking for God, they followed wrong ways and worshipped false gods but what they were actually looking for was God, and they were strong in their faith believing they were following the right god.

Pretty similar to CS Lewis story...
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:19 pm

I wonder if by so many churches buying out hole movies will that be a turn off to the lost? What do ya'll think?
0 x

Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

The Passion

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:11 pm

In the paper they were recommending kids under 13 not see the movie and that parents should go to the movie first, then they can determine if they want their kids to see it or not.

I'm psyched. I wanna see it! NOW! :) There's at least 12 of us going, possibly 14.

A couple people I've talked to have said they're waiting til it comes out on DVD to rent before they see it. :shock: I say it's worth seeing in the theater as well, but to each his own I guess. I'm buying it when it comes to DVD. Did you guys know there's a soundtrack, too?

I feel a lot of people will come to Christ as a result and that's what we need now more than ever.
0 x