A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

prayer request

Post by epdc » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:30 pm

my sister melissa (14) is in a dance academy. She and a team will go to Phoenix, Arizona for some dance competitions. She leaves today at 3 pm and will be here on monday morning.

Pray she has a fun and safe trip ok? :) is exciting for her , this is her first time she goes "alone" to the USA.

ALSO, on sunday is my birthday so I`ll be expecting a nice greeting card ;)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:27 pm

Oh, it is exciting that she gets to go to Arizona. I'll pray she has a safe trip.

Well, you'll just have to check your e-mail and the Zone Sunday morning. :D :wink: I wish I had been as wise as you are when I was your age. Sigh. Oh to be 20 again. :)
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

LOOK GUYS

Post by epdc » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:38 pm

I totally understand you be a bunch of aguados with everyone when I put greetings on everyone`s birthday but YOU BETTER BE ENTHUSIASTIC AND WRITE A NICE MESSAGE ON DA ZONE ON SUNDAY OK????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: J/K.

wish guys would see the wiseness instead of other things LOLOL.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

LOOK GUYS

Post by epdc » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:39 pm

I totally understand you be a bunch of aguados with everyone when I put greetings on everyone`s birthday but YOU BETTER BE ENTHUSIASTIC AND WRITE A NICE MESSAGE ON DA ZONE ON SUNDAY OK????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: J/K.

wish guys would see the wiseness instead of other things LOLOL.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I don`t wanna start another thread

Post by epdc » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:52 pm

But I wanted to talk about something.

Last night a friend of my big sister Gina told her that Lluvia (a friend she had known for like almost 15 years) died...

She was a drug addict since she was like 15 and she was close to her 30 I think.

She was in many centers, from christian ones to nonchristian ones. She even left the city and stuff and then coming back. But she never changed. She died on a mental hospital here.

I was thinking: how scary that you get to know the Word but never get up ya know. She never recovered from her problem.

It reminded me the song of last haze from BB. There are some who will never return to the mmm foul?? I can`t remember the word.

How scary to never get up...
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Daze

Post by Michael » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:20 pm

"Last Daze" ..."...never return to the fold," meaning a sheepfold where sheep are kept.

It IS kind of scary to find out that even if you know God's Word forwards and backwards, it's not "knowing" it that is as important as "acting" on it. If you are too scared, or too lazy, or too timid to actually put faith into action, it doesn't do you any good at all. I know it's something that probably all of us have been guilty of from time to time... D'OH!!
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:04 pm

That is really sad...Yeah, many times when you're a drug addict the only thing you really care about are the drugs, and unless you really give your life to God and let Him deliver you from that, it will kill you eventually. You can know what God's word says, actually living it is another story.

I've transcribed WAY too many medical reports where people-young people who should have a lot of years ahead of them-are killing themselves with drugs and alcohol, their docs are telling them it will kill them if they don't stop, and they don't care, they just want the garbage.

Sheesh, my doctor telling me "you will die if you don't stop" would be enough motivation for me.

What's even scarier is it doesn't have to be something you normally do. It only takes one alcohol binge to get alcohol poisoning and shut down your breathing, liver or kidneys, and only one drug overdose to make you stop breathing or have a heart attack. I haven't seen a lot out there warning kids the first time they try something thinking they're having fun may be the last. It's all about having fun and thinking you're cool, not about how dangerous and destructive it is.

I didn't mean to turn this into a speech, but I hate hearing about young people dying of drug overdoses. :P
0 x