Philippi Baptist Church podcast

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Philippi Baptist Church podcast

Post by petrafreak2009 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey guys I just wanted to announce my church is now podcasting on iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/philipp ... d381408692

Here's a little more info on my church :
FAQ's about our church

Question: Where is Philippi Baptist Church located?
Answer: We are located at 327 Philippi Church Road, in Union, South Carolina. If you are coming to Philippi from Jonesville, on Hwy. 9, you will turn right onto Philippi Church Road, and the church will be on your right about 2 miles down the road. If you are coming from Union, headed toward Lockhart, on Hwy. 49, you will turn left onto Philippi Church Road, and the church will be on your left, less than a mile down the road.
Question: Where do I park when I get there?
Answer: We have provided adequate parking on the campus. If you are in need of handicapped parking, we also have those marked spaces available in several areas on the church campus. During bad weather, we have a drive through shelter for your convenience as well.
Question: What do I wear?
Answer: We have a wide range of dress styles represented here. Some prefer to dress more casual while others would rather dress up. Sunday evening worship is a bit more casual, on the whole, than Sunday mornings, but don't let your fashion style keep you away from church. We will be just as happy to see you in blue jeans and a T-shirt as we would if you choose to wear a suit and tie.

What We Believe

The Bible is divinely inspired and without error.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 - "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

The One, true God, revealed in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
John 10:30 - "I (Jesus) and My Father are one."
John 14:26 - "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My (Jesus') name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

The virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, bodily resurrection and personal return of Christ.
Virgin birth - Luke 1:26-27, 30-31 - "Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary... Then the angel said to her, '... And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.' "
Sinless life - Hebrews 4:14-15 - "Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin."
Vicarious death - John 10:14-15 - "I am the good shepherd; and I know My own and My own know Me,... and I lay down my life for the sheep." John 19: 17-18 - "They took Jesus therefore, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of the Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha. There they crucified Him, and with Him two other men, one on either side, and Jesus in between."
Bodily Resurrection - Luke 24:6-7 - "He is not here, but is risen! Remeber how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.'" And they remembered His words.

The reality of a literal Heaven and Hell.
Heaven: John 14:2 - "'In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.'"
Hell: Matthew 10:28 - "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Salvation is available to all who place their faith in Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9 - "... that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

The eternal security of the believer.
John 10:28-29 - "'And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.'"

Two Ordinances of the church--baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper.
Baptism - Matthew 28:19-20 - "'Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age.'"
Lord's Supper - 1 Corinthians 11:26 - "For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes."

The church exists to glorify God.
Matthew 16:18 - "'And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.'" Ephesians 3:21 - "... to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
0 x
[img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/emjpro/EMJProductions.jpg[/img]