A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
axelegend
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 2001

"Rockin' Around the Town Square" Christmas rock concerts

Post by axelegend » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 pm

I've been lurking around here for quite some time, though I rarely post. Some of you may remember me from promoting Petra's November 13th stop in Youngstown, Ohio for its Farewell Tour in 2005.

For anyone who lives near Northeast Ohio and enjoys rocked up renditions of popular Christmas carols, I'm serving as musical director and performing in this year's "Rockin' Around the Town Square" Christmas concerts. This is the 3rd consecutive year, and the show keeps expanding each year. It's scheduled for Friday, December 3 at 8:00PM, Saturday, December 4 at 8:00PM, and Sunday, December 5 at 2:00PM, and will be hosted at the Main Street Theater in Columbiana, Ohio (which is about 30mi south of Youngstown OH, 80mi southeast of Cleveland OH, and 60mi northwest of Pittsburgh PA). Stylistically, it shares some similarities with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, although it is quite different from TSO. Tickets are now available for $5.00 each (if preordered online or by phone) or $7.00 each (if purchased at the doors). We're also asking that each person bring with them (1) non-perishable food item to be donated to the local Christian charity The Way Station, who will distribute the food items to local needy families for Christmas.

If interested in more information, check out my website for all of the details (christopherleemusic.com), including directions, maps, links and phone numbers for tickets, and more. I'm even streaming a sneak peek of my arrangement for "Joy to the World" on the opening index page. The streaming demo recording features the 2 vocalists from the show, Greg Sprouse and his 16-year-old daughter Natalie, plus keyboardists Dawn Arthurs and Martha Rogowsky, and drummer Roger Lewis, who are all performing with the band for the show. I perform all of the other instruments on the recording; however, a full 10-piece rock band is utilized for the live performances, which are based around my arrangements.

Feel free to reply or PM me with any questions! 8)
0 x
Christopher L. Bayda
baydamusic.com
facebook | twitter