Rapture Watch Party!

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Rapture Watch Party!

Post by brent » Wed May 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Sorry, anyone that defies Jesus Christ with his actions, insinuating that Jesus Christ is a liar....well, that guy is a moron. Matthew is pretty plain.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Wed May 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Brent wrote:Sorry, anyone that defies Jesus Christ with his actions, insinuating that Jesus Christ is a liar....well, that guy is a moron. Matthew is pretty plain.
That's easy to say, and at a spiritually less mature time, it's precisely what I thought about Baptists. I mean, any group that defies Jesus Christ with their actions, insinuating that Jesus Christ is a liar ... well, that group is a bunch of morons.

You see what can happen here, right? Pretty soon, Baptists are saying the same thing about Methodists for rejecting Unconditional Eternal Security, and Pentecostals are saying the same thing about Baptists over Second Work of Grace, and Methodists are saying the same thing about Pentecostals for not having enough social programs.

Where do you draw the line?

If Harold Camping deliberate deceived his followers, then he is not a moron; he is a fraud and a false prophet. If he really believed his teachings (and I think he did) then he is merely deceived. He was not defying Christ. He taught that the "no man knows" clause was in the present tense, and thus only applied to the time period covered by the time in which Christ actually said it, not today.

His logic was faulty, and his interpretation of scripture spurious at best. But I think he believed he was doing the right thing.

Calling other people "Moron" may feed our egos, but it doesn't do anything to build Christ's Kingdom.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Wed May 25, 2011 11:43 pm

I predict that on October 22, 2011, if Camping is still alive, that he will make another prediction.

I guess Family Radio really is a non-prophet ministry. :wink:
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

Post by epdc » Thu May 26, 2011 1:35 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I predict the same thing!!!

Sigh, there were huge signs here in my town too, when I saw them before I thought there was going to be a christian event in the city or something,, I dont think anybody here got it LOL until we read on the newspapers that camping was predicting the end of the world on that day, then I was like "OHHHHHH so that`s why that sign is there".

I dont think he is a moron, I actually feel bad for him, how depressed he must have felt when he saw we are all still here (HAHAHAHAHAHAH I know, what I just said sounds funny but I`m serious), how stupid he must have felt, but at the same time it makes me mad that he insists in all this, he has committed this mistake twice and he insists, sigh, maybe because he is old ya know, like very stubborn...
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios