Henry Cavill as Superman.

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics

What do you think of the new Superman pic?

1. It's awesome! Nailed it! Bring it on!
33%
2. It's alright
17%
3. It's stupid
17%
4. HATE IT!
33%
5. Who's Superman?
No votes

Total votes: 6

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Henry Cavill as Superman.

Post by Enosh » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 am

Most of you know what a big Superman fan I am. I am interested in hearing your opinions on the new Superman pics for the new movie in 2013. What do you think of this efirst look?

0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Henry Cavill as Superman.

Post by executioner » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:13 am

Just never been a fan; always been a huge Batman(without Robin) fan and Captain America.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Piney Boy
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: The Rock Cries Out
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Piney Boy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 am

I read DC Comics more than Marvel as a kid so I am more in tune with Superman and Batman. I will say though that a picture means nothing to the story. I will wait till the movie comes out to give my final vote. Picture makes it look alright. They definitely need a good story line. I was bored during the last one.
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beat the System
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Boray » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Where is the "Who is Henry Cavill" option?
0 x

mkepethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!

Post by mkepethead » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:50 am

Boray wrote:Where is the "Who is Henry Cavill" option?

Thats what I was thinking.
0 x
Petra Means Rock!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 am

Cool pic. I will go see it, but I also prefer Batman--I remember having a pretty funny debate about that a few years ago. :mrgreen: I don't think anyone can really replace Chris Reeve though, I think the first two Superman movies were the best. Maybe I'll change my mind after I see this one. I want to see Captain America, it sounds great, and I wanted to see Thor and Green Lantern but I'm going to end up waiting until those come out on DVD.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:14 pm

As a fan I agree that it needs to have a great story to work. If this movie doesn't grab anyone's attention then there will probably not be another attempt for QUITE A WHILE! My only question was merely about the suit this time. Superman Returns had problems all around story, casting and the suit.

Superman 1 and 2 are my favorites too. Although I don't think Superman 3 is as bad as some would suggest.

Henry Cavill played Jim Caviezel's son in the Count of Monte Cristo. He is also on a popular show called "The Tudors" He will be playing the lead in the upcoming movie "The immortals"
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 pm

I've watched a few episodes of "The Tudors", it's an interesting series. I can overlook a few problems with a movie plot so long as there's a good looking lead actor... :mrgreen: I do get what you're saying though; special effects and the set aren't enough, the movie needs a good plot. There are a number of movies that had great special effects but a weak plot. A good example of that is the second (I think--It was Batman Returns) Batman movie. I thought it had a lot of potential and Michelle Pfeiffer did a great job as Catwoman, and Danny DeVito could have been a great Penguin, but the story was weak. In fairness, it's hard to make a series of good superhero movies.
Last edited by Shell on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Superman 3 was far from being a great movie, but I agree it wasn't all that bad either for what it was. Same goes for Batman 3 and 4 -- The ones before Batman Begins -- Far from great but I liked Chris O'Donnell and Tommy Lee Jones. George Clooney definitely doesn't belong in a Batman movie though...He just wasn't right for that role. Movies in a series will rarely be a good as the first one or maybe two. I loved Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 pm

There's a little too much Richard Pryor and not enough Superman in part 3. Still, part 3 has aged better than part 2 in this way: When part 2 came out many proclaimed it had surpassed the original. When Part 3 came out most folks just scratched their heads in disappointment. Decades later the Superman community has pleanty of issues with part 2 but part 3 doesn't seem as bad as when it was released. Part 2 is still favored, but 3 doesn't trail behind it as far as in 1983. Part 4 is a whole other story....like the Double Take of Superman movies. I hate the new costume. It does not look like Superman.
0 x