A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Disciple
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Never Say Die
Pethead since: 2010

Retroactive Records & Daniel Band

Post by Disciple » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 pm

I purchased two Daniel Band CD's on Amazon that had been recently remastered and reissued by Retroactive Records. Straight Ahead and Run From The Darkness. These guys are great. I love Dan McCabe's vocals and Tony Rossi's guitars.

I wondered who this Retroactive Records is and so looked them up. Their website is in their infant stage but they have a lot of Christian metal on there. They are a studio in Keokuk, Iowa, which is out in the middle of nowhere. I'm from Nebraska so I can get away with saying that.

When I look at the artists they've re-released albums for or released albums for I see Whitecross, X-Sinner, Sweet Comfort Band, Servant, Resurrection Band, Randy Stonehill, Daniel Amos, Guardian, among others.

I just wanted to say Praise God for Retroactive Records. And I am loving Daniel Band.

Another great Christian rock band that I had never heard until recently. My list keeps growing.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Retroactive Records & Daniel Band

Post by greenchili » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 am

Daniel Band is pretty cool.. Only got into them myself recently as well. It'd be nice to see Servant's last two albums "Light Manuevers" and "Swimming In A Human Ocean" get the CD treatment. I had to search real hard to find the MP3's I have of LM and they are ok but still lacking some of the "punch" of the original LP and my own attempts at converting my LP did not yield very god results.
0 x
The choice is life. Or the lie that comes from hell..

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 am

Daniel Band were really good for the era, but its been years since I've listened; I'm going to check them out and se how my ears like & remember.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Disciple
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Never Say Die
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Disciple » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Ex -- did you give them a listen yet? Their Run To The Darkness CD is really really good (in my humble opinion).
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:33 pm

I really enjoyed their Running Out of Time album back in the late 80's. I played that one a lot. It's been a long time since I've given them a listen though.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft