Fictional Petra Members

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Fictional Petra Members

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:21 pm

http://youtu.be/Tq57gjMeJh0

Most people on here bust Carman chops, but this song applies to us more now then it ever has before!!!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Shell. Sorry...A show yes. That chick that sang in BNTC was a bad Cyndi Lauper.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 pm

My pick for fictional Petra member would be Alice Cooper!! Total rock guy, and he could put on a great stage show!!
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 am

I didn't know Maggie B was from the New York metro area. It gives me a new appreciation for her music and lyrics. Saw her live once and I remember it being a really good show. I played with a band that covered a bunch of her stuff, so shr has to get some credit for being an early musical influence.
Ashton Becker Dente was good too.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm

brent wrote:Shell. Sorry...A show yes. That chick that sang in BNTC was a bad Cyndi Lauper.
Hahaha, that's one way of putting it. I went to their concerts years ago…If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn’t, or at least not as many. :P I haven’t seen any of them for at least 20 years. Sheesh, has it been that long? Rebecca Sparks sang with them in the early/mid 80s. She had a great voice. Some of the stuff they did when she was with them was good. Jamie Kearney sang with them later after Rebecca left, and it wasn’t the same.

Rebecca and a couple of the other band members were decent people. Some of the others were skunks, but it’s not worth getting into after all this time and that’s only my take/opinion anyway. We all have that potential; some just give into it more than others do. :-d

Admittedly, looking back now, at least part of it was my tendency to take nonsense too personally. I have learned and am still in the process of learning since then not to do that. I did have some good times at their concerts back in the day. Time sure does slip by. :P
Last edited by Shell on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 pm

brent wrote:She was the only thing good about Bash N The Code.

Maggie B was never in Bash N' The Code, and I may be totally in the minority here, but really liked Jamie Kearny's voice. A little unconventional, sure. But that's kind of what I liked about it.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 am

I didn't say she was. I said she was the only thing good about a BNTC show. When I worked in CCM radio, I had to go to concerts to rep the station. That kind of music sucked in my opinion. Becker to' it up the night I saw her.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:49 pm

The whole band was unconventional...And there is a place for that. I didn't dislike Jamie. They did some fun stuff when she was with them. I was just saying it wasn't the same after Rebecca left. It boils down to personal preference.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 am

brent wrote:I didn't say she was. I said she was the only thing good about a BNTC show. When I worked in CCM radio, I had to go to concerts to rep the station. That kind of music sucked in my opinion. Becker to' it up the night I saw her.
Ah! Gotcha now. Well, I didn't see that particular BNTC show ... or any BNTC show for that matter, but Maggie B always "brought it". I saw her multiple times.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul