Nashville

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Nashville

Post by brent » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Many times. The roads suck. Schools can be iffy. Where is she moving? Nashville proper or somewhere close?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 am

The Nashville airport is always fun. Every time I have flown in or out, I see someone I know, or know of...or need to know :).

There is plenty to do free, especially if you like music. The burbs are where I would live personally. The inner city traffic is a drag. Event/football game traffic really jacks things up. Like any city, there are good and bad sides, clean and dirty. I would say that it is a friendly place for the most part. There is a good vibe.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 am

Where is your sister moving from? I know some about Nashville my sister & family live in the Knoxville area(about 2 hrs due east) I've notice when driving to my sister's that its the one American city where its easier to go straight through the town oppose to taking the "loop" around the city to get to the other side. Something that might interest you because of your Canadian background is they have a NHL team that is pretty popular and seems to be on the right track in becoming a good solid team. I will say its a friendly city with alot of outdoors type of activities.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:01 am

Visited Nashville once. It was on my list of things I really wanted to do. Mainly to checkout the church started by Michael W. I didn't think we would ever get there, but our normal summer vacation to the Creation festival was rained out. We called up a friend from Ohio that always camps with us at the festival and said you wanna go to Nashville?
We camped part of the time, and also stayed at a hotel in Franklin. The area was very nice. We spent a good bit of time outdoors playing disc golf. Very enjoyable surroundings.
The people were very friendly. We stopped at a gas station to ask for directions, and the guy behind the counter had no idea where we were trying to go. We got back in the vehicle and about a half mile down the road, some guy with an accent, maybe Aussie or something, and a really nice car flagged us down. He overheard me asking for directions at the station. He had us pull over into a neighborhood while he called his wife to let her know that he was going to lead us on our way to where we were trying to go.
We drove through a lot af areas including Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville, and Hendersonville. All very nice. I would probably choose Franklin, or one of the suburbs, if I were moving there.
We didn't do a whole lot in Nashville due to the short time we were there. We did go to Rocketown one night, which at the time was located across from the Ryman. We drove around Franklin a lot; just checking out stuff and making sure we could find the church.
I definitely want to go back and see more of the city, and also get out into the country more. I'd love to fly in or out and spend some time in the gated areas watching for famous music people.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:49 am

I think your sister will enjoy Tennessee alot more than Indiana; the eastern part of the state is beautiful(especially down near Gatlinburg). The closer you get to the great Mississippi River(heading west) though the scenery justs flatens out and it gets very humid.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Post by ricanrolear » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm

well i've been living here in Nashville for about 9 years.. and i love it :). there's a reason why they call it Music City
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon