A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Carman

Post by LivingRock » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:27 am

Since I heard the news about Carman's illness, I've actually brought out my old Carman CD's and gave them a listen. I was actually surprised at what I was missing... Lazarus Come Forth and the Champion still give me goosebumps! The leader of our worship band has a great Elvis-sounding voice and I'd love to hear him do Celebrating Jesus or Holy Ghost Hop... sometimes you just need some wine with your cheese :mrgreen:
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:16 pm

[youtube] http://youtu.be/9A52IsO25no [/youtube]
Happy 4th!
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 pm

zman7720000 wrote:[youtube] http://youtu.be/9A52IsO25no [/youtube]
Happy 4th!

I kinda have a hard time being THAT optimistic about the country these days, but yeah, nice video - I guess it's sort of inspirational. And Happy 4th to you too!!
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm

EMERGENCY UPDATE: I wish I had better news but for the first time though this whole journey. I'm worried - really worried. I mentioned before that if you get an infection during the neutropenic stage, with my immune system completely gone that it could be fatal. Well, I don't know how or where but I got an infection. They will be admitting me into the hospital for 24/7 care. I'll have a virus of some sort. I don't mean to be fatalistic but if for some reason I don't make it out of here, I want you all to know what great friends you've been to me and how much I've loved every minute of being on the stage ministering. This whole situation is making be cry. Thinking about never seeing you again. I hope things change but I can't even lift my head up, and the wheelchair me everywhere. Oh well, at least I got the record finished : ))-Carman update on Facebook today.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1993

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:24 am

Sad news :(
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 am

Good news! It was long so I didn't copy all of it....

HEALTH UPDATE for TUES. the 28th The doctors where just in my room and we had a long talk. They assured me that what I'm going through as a cancer patient is some most all patients go through at some point. It's part of the process. The problem with me was that I developed some sort of virus and they couldn't identify it until the fevers dropped or broke. So I was admitted with 104 temp... when I woke up I was soaking wet. ...my temperature was 98.6 - the fever had broke all over the room. That was the most difficult time I had to come through in this 8 months of treatment. I've been through 5 months of the most challenging stuff ( oh lets just call it hell, it's been 5 months of hell) but in 3 weeks from now I'll be back in the gym lifting weights and running the treadmill - because the cancer will be gone. Thank you all once again. In more ways than one this is your tour, your record, your outreach. I was down for the count and preparing my personal affairs when you came flooding in with your encouraging posts, your finances and your prayers. You all were the ones who "willed" me back to life. So will I be on stage, on tour in the best shape of my life ? As Rocky would say "absolutely".
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Carmen's Cancer is a publicity stunt?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factitious_disorder
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Hmmm...Interesting. Anything is possible I guess, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time someone has done something like that. Anyone can post anything on the Internet. I have to admit I find it sort of strange he would be posting on Facebook when he's on his way to the hospital hardly able to hold his head up. Of course someone could be doing that for him. I would wonder what it is he wants to accomplish by doing this if that is the case.

I'll withhold judgment and give him the benefit of he doubt until there is definite proof otherwise.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Yeah I hate to think things like that Shell, but this thing has made him some serious cash with pity.

Brent? Sue? Exe?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:49 pm

There is a place to ask questions; there's nothing wrong with that. Accountability is a good thing, and that applies whether the person happens to be a well-known public figure or not.

People do reap what they sow; stuff catches up with you eventually.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Now you've got me thinking. The other day it sounded as if he was on hi deathbed. He also said at one point that the cancer was the highest stage, and was incurable. Now to be back on tour, in the gym, etc. That seems like an awful fast turn around, but I'm undeducated on such things. I know Michael Sweet's wife battled cancer for many years before finally succumbing to it. I could quibble about his theology on cancer, but it was one statement, and maybe not a complete picture. I haven't followed his facebook posts.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm not the leading expert on cancer or anything, but I do know from doing medical transcription and knowing a few people who have dealt with it that it's brutal. You can have good days and bad days, and go through times of remission, but it's not a picnic. They have come a long way as far as treatment, but I wouldn't think someone undergoing treatment for cancer would be running around. I haven't followed the posts that closely either, so I don't know what sort of treatment he might be having, but chemotherapy and all that stuff makes you sick.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:10 pm

I know cancer is a serious subject, and it is not the sort of thing you want to joke about or say that someone exaggerated or made up to get publicity, but it has happened many times before... I just hope we don't see the headlines: Carmans Cancer Scam or Carmans Cancer Lie.. because it is damaging to Christians.

This guy milked it for all he could, and I suspected him of being a fraud before he came out:
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 pm

gman wrote:Now you've got me thinking. The other day it sounded as if he was on hi deathbed. He also said at one point that the cancer was the highest stage, and was incurable. Now to be back on tour, in the gym, etc. That seems like an awful fast turn around, but I'm undeducated on such things. I know Michael Sweet's wife battled cancer for many years before finally succumbing to it. I could quibble about his theology on cancer, but it was one statement, and maybe not a complete picture. I haven't followed his facebook posts.
VERY fast turn around... I have only been going from the updates on here as I don't use the facebook either.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 pm

FRESH FROM THE PRESS

http://www.charismanews.com/us/42590-af ... in-3-weeks

CARMAN WILL HAVE NO CANCER IN 3 WEEKS...
0 x