0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Carman

Post by executioner » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Daniel I'm with you brother, but have refrained out of respect and not yet willing to jump out of the plane just yet. I have no proof the man is lying but he does have a history of fake healing practices at his shows(especially at the height of his career). I know on every tour when he would come around he would hire people to fake their illnesses and come forward to be healed. He was part of an investigation back in the early 90's about his fake healing practices that I believe was a story on 60 minutes.
Carmen is a showman and will always be and this is the first thing I thought of when someone brought his illness too light; like I said earlier is there is no proof but would really doubt this illness to be true given his history. This is something that I think would probably hurt someone that has had cancer and gone through this whole process because this disease tears you body apart in any way you could possibility think of.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:34 pm

I read the Charisma article, and initially wanted to call BS on the sweating thing. However, I recalled having an incident a few years ago at work (no idea what it was), and among other things an intense heat washed over me, and my forehead was instantly covered in a massive amount of sweat, as if I was in the midst of a grueling tennis match. So, I'll give him that the body can dump a lot of water like that. I read through the comments, and people were questioning the story much like here. There were a few defenders that seemed to indicate he was involved with some new medical trial. I need to look into it further. I'm not ready to say that it's a fraud, but I do get the feeling there might be some exaggeration. There's a lot that seems tailor made for his audience.
I did notice in his latest facebook post that he doubled down on his theology that pins the whole thing on the devil. That's not exactly what scripture teaches.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:19 pm

I have been following Carman on Facebook and before all his treatment got started he said he prerecorded all of these updates and is having them released through out the time he is in the hospital. For what that is worth to you guys. Also he recorded his album before the treatment started.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:36 pm

I sure hope your right Shawn, because after Carman was fired from TBN for another matter this all came pretty much straight after.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 pm

If this all turns out to be a big lie, God will equal the playing field in his time!! I really would hate to think Carman would stoop to this level to get an album.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:57 pm

executioner wrote:Daniel I'm with you brother, but have refrained out of respect and not yet willing to jump out of the plane just yet. I have no proof the man is lying but he does have a history of fake healing practices at his shows(especially at the height of his career). I know on every tour when he would come around he would hire people to fake their illnesses and come forward to be healed. He was part of an investigation back in the early 90's about his fake healing practices that I believe was a story on 60 minutes.
Carmen is a showman and will always be and this is the first thing I thought of when someone brought his illness too light; like I said earlier is there is no proof but would really doubt this illness to be true given his history. This is something that I think would probably hurt someone that has had cancer and gone through this whole process because this disease tears you body apart in any way you could possibility think of.

Sound a lot like the all powerful Benny Hinn!!!!!!!!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:04 pm

Benny Hinn... now there is a thread...

So he started recording the video updates in August 2013, he was diagnosed in Jan - Feb 2014 for this type of cancer they would have had him doing treatment ASAP. He was in the 1% that didn't loose his hair... that was lucky too.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/chris ... tle-90134/

If he is sick or not, I feel sad for the guy.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Not sure where you are getting that he didn't lose his hair since these are supposed to be "pre taped" messages. Maybe if he does do a concert and dies on stage from some sort of side effect from all of the treatments, then we will know that he was telling us the truth about this.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:17 pm

I live in Tulsa Ok, about 10 miles away from the caner treatment center where I think he is being treated, I guess I could go down their and see if they have him on record!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm

diagnosed jan - feb 2013*
video august 2013

I won't say anymore, obviously I upset some sensitive people.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Nope not upset :cry: My question is were they actually made in august or just released in august. Hard to tell.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm

On the first video he has footage of Facebook in the background with August posts about his health.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Man oh man. I have been busy living life that I did not keep up with the Carman/TBN thing.

Carman is a WOF guy. That doctrine is heresy at best. The whole God is good and only good things come from God is so wrong and un-biblical. People forget that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Isaiah 45:7 quotes God. "I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."

We have Job. Now, the WOF people say Job doubted God and had a lack of faith. Had Job just spoke what he wanted into existence, God would have had to do what Job said. Bull cookies.

We have Jesus Christ. Jesus came to do "Not my will, but the will of my father." Jesus did not live a life worthy of a WOF evangelist, where the devil has to flee and all must go well, in health and wealth. What a load of crap.

Here is the thing. The WOF doctrine DOES NOT WORK. This is why the ministers have to fake things. They fake healings. They fake their numbers. They create new ways to be saved so it profits their organization. You don't see congress calling the leaders of Catholic Charities up to Washington because they are buying multiple mansions, airplanes, million dollar board room tables, gold toilets, etc. Come on.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:36 pm

He was on 700 Club (Nut Show) in June of 2013

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/13981/20 ... um-700.htm

TBN used Carman for interviews used as damage control. When a minister got busted having homosexual sex, affairs, divorces, messing with money, Carman interviewed them and helped smooth over sin. There are all kinds of rumors about Carman's sexuality. He has helped smooth things over PR wise with homosexual pastors like Hawkins. The following article is interesting:

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/13981/20 ... um-700.htm

TBN broadcasts a big middle finger to God. They think they are getting away with it. They are so smug. They aren't. I bet you I can find more bibical truth watching Adult Pay-Per-View than watching TBN. I would see the same about of adulterers, homosexuals, liars, cheaters, fakes and frauds.
0 x