A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

I`m getting divorced

Post by epdc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:21 am

Hi guys, hope some of the people that remembers me is still around :)

Well emmmm my husband asked me for divorced two weeks ago. I`m currently living back with my family. It was a really hard time....I couldnt eat or sleep in 3 days when everything happened....I wont tell you all the nasty things he said to me, I`ll just say it in a nutshell...aparently he stopped loving me :( and we were just 6 months married.... and 6 years dating....

It hurts me he didnt tell me this sooner, he said he thought things could get better....he said he didnt desire me anymore, that I didnt excite him (as a woman, man that hurt, you have no idea)....

Thank God I have a family who has been incredible supportive and thanks God Im feeling better...

I just wanted you guys to make a small prayer for me when you get a chance....Honestly even though Im feeling better he literally broke me...

God has really spoken to me on these weeks, he has shown me in many ways that he was a stone in my way and since He knew I wasnt going to leave Him He made him leave me. His family is angry, his friends are angry (everyone loved me a lot).

Something that has incredibly amazed me is that when this happened.... My heart broke because I loved him so much....and now, I dont love him anymore...I dont hate him, I wish the best to him, but it`s like....like God took him out of my heart, right now the sadness I feel is the insecurity, the loneliness, the not knowing if I`ll ever find the right person for me (I really thought he was) and if I do, will this person love me for who I am and will be happy in the intimate?

Sorry if you guys feel weird I talk like this but... I dont know, I needed to get it out ya know, here, this place was always a family place to me. I`m 29 now (Can you believe I joined here when I was 16 and was incredibly active till was 22?).

Whoever read this, I appreciate your time and please pray for me ok?, love you my dear petheads.

PS.- On Facebook my code is Elo palacios in case someone of "the old school" hehe wants to get in touch :)
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: I`m getting divorced

Post by executioner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 am

Elo,

I am so sorry about this, it's never easy or right to go thru something like this. The one good thing about this is your walk with God and you knowing that God will never leave or forsake you. Keep strong and like you said we are family here and things like this can be brought here for words of encouragement. We are here for you and you are in our prayers.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 am

There are still a lot of us old timers here Elo. 8) I'm sorry you're going through this, but keep in mind this is a problem on his part, you are not responsible for his choices, and he will reap the consequences of his actions. (It sounds like he already is). There is life after divorce. Good grief, there would be a lot of people in a lot of trouble if there wasn't.

God will see you through this, you can trust Him. You know you can e-mail me anytime.
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 pm

So sorry to hear this, Elo. I have MANY years of experience in singleness and I know how God can take care of us and fill up all our needs in singleness. He has given me contentment, security and peace in singleness and I know he can do the same for you....for however long you are single. It can be an amazing time of getting into God's presence and growing more intimate with him. I will pray that God fills you up with his presence, his joy, and that any bad feelings or worry will go away.
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:40 pm

i'm so sorry for you, no marriage is perfect, but as a man i can tell you for him to say that the issues are his!
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by epdc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks Zman :)....Many close friends have said that to me.... thank you :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Petrafan327 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:37 am

Elo, I'm very sorry to hear about your divorce; it is sad when anybody gets a divorce, especially a Christian. I want you to know that I am praying for you and that God will lead you through this. :)
0 x
"I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men than a fool in the eyes of God"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Petrafan327/featured

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Elo, I'll pray for you and for this young man both.

You know that you are God's beloved child.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by epdc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Yes, please, pray for him too. Even though he is the one who started all this I really care for him (not as a couple anymore but as a long time friend).

Thank you for your support, I really need it.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm

It is actually pretty sad he would be doing this. I really think he will be sorry down the road. You're right, he needs prayer too. We tend to forget sometimes that even if a person's actions are hurtful, God does love them and is saddened by their behavior.
0 x

mkepethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!

Post by mkepethead » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Having been divorced for three months now, I know how you feel. Trusting Him is the best way to get through it.
0 x
Petra Means Rock!

got2btru
Pethead
Pethead

Post by got2btru » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Sorry to hear that elo...having been divorced, I know what you're going through...will definitely keep you in prayer!
0 x
"...it's His delight to give you your desire...it's His desire to set your life ON FIRE!"

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by epdc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Thank you guys :) Like Jonathan says, also pray for him, not for getting back (I wont do it even if you tied me up!) but that both of us be ok, separately
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Elo. Unfortunately, I know what you're going through. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.
epdc wrote:God has really spoken to me on these weeks, he has shown me in many ways that he was a stone in my way and since He knew I wasnt going to leave Him He made him leave me.
God still works in mysterious, yet wondrous ways that we cannot comprehend.
epdc wrote:Something that has incredibly amazed me is that when this happened.... My heart broke because I loved him so much....and now, I dont love him anymore...I dont hate him, I wish the best to him, but it`s like....like God took him out of my heart
Sounds like God has already started healing your heart.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by epdc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:32 pm

I see many divorced people, we should start a club :P
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!