Should we just take him out or what?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Should we just take him out or what?

Post by brent » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 am

This little Korean Hitler wants to take us on with nukes. They can hit Texas, Hawaii, etc before we go in smart bomb their joint. What do you think?
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Should we just take him out or what?

Post by executioner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 am

Matthew RJ wrote:iran / iraq / nk = axis of evil. I'm sure glad you guys went to Iraq (which had 0 to do with Sept 11).

WRONG!!!! Most of the terrorists that were involved in 9/11 had some type of connection with Iraq via camps for training and also some had direct connections with Sadaam via his Republican Guard. 90% of all terrorists pre 9/11 had some type of direct connection with Iraq and the Iraqi government. Even Bin Laden pass through there from Saudia Arabia in the early to mid 90's and has been known to have stayed there for several years in the 90's. Even before that Russia has been known to use Iraq as early as the late 70's as a breeding ground for what you would call "state sponsored terrorism"
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 am

brent wrote:This little Korean Hitler wants to take us on with nukes. They can hit Texas, Hawaii, etc before we go in smart bomb their joint. What do you think?

I think he is talking more then he will be willing to do the walking; China is just waiting for a reason to take over the region and will use this to do that if North Korea is stupid enough to try this. This will mean the end of this guys royal lifestyle.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Matthew RJ wrote:iran / iraq / nk = axis of evil. I'm sure glad you guys went to Iraq (which had 0 to do with Sept 11).
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 pm

I guess David and the Israelites were blood thirsty, defending their land, their rights, their liberty. David was a blood hungry fool with that rock and a sling.

I guess other people get to pick and choose when it's ok to press the button. Just how many people on American soil warrant retribution? I say none. We went through this with WWII. People said wait, wait, wait. Then it came to us. Forget that. What if a few strays wander over the Canadian border? What is acceptable loss? It's easy for such a passive nation to throw stones at the US. That's easy. Nobody is seeking to terrorize nations that don't really stand for anything, or stand up to anyone.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:44 am

The U.N. spent a decade modeling the epitome of bad parenting. Issuing one "do this or else" warning after another, while Saddam said, "talk to the hand".
The international coalition was right to take him out. Iraq having a connection to 9/11 is irrelevant in my view. I believe the wheels for the Iraq war were already turning long before 9/11, and rightfully so. The mistake was that we stayed too long and tried to do too much. We should have gotten Saddam, did a little clean up, and then said we're leaving now. You guys create the Gov't you want, but before we leave, we're all all going to sign an agreement that we get a nice chunk of your oil at a good price for the rest of time.
0 x

Piney Boy
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: The Rock Cries Out
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Piney Boy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:57 pm

We have and Japan has the technology to shoot down his Ballistic missiles.

Anyways the missile he moved to the east coast only has a range of 2500 miles. He can not hit the west coast yet.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by gman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:02 pm

He could get a missile off, and we could shoot it dowb, but seriously, we could turn NK to glass in the few moments before we would have to shoot down the missile.
He wouldn't dare do anything that would jeopardize American basketball.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:52 am

I really don't see North Korea going to this extreme; there is no point to it whatsoever. All what would happen is someone will put them out of their misery. I do believe China and/or Japan will step in before we get involved.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:26 am

Many of us, even on the Conservative side, felt like the invasion of Iraq was a waste of time and, strategically, a bad move. Sadam, frankly, could be reasoned with ... after a fashion. Sure, it kept the terrorists over there fighting us instead of blowing up more buildings here, but Syria or Iran would have been better targets.

North Korea, of course, has China's backing. So attacking them before they finally get so nuts that even China turns their back on them will start WWIII. I think we are rapidly approaching the point where China will say to North Korea, "果蝠,你是你自己的!" (Translation:"You fruit bats are on your own!")
Matthew RJ wrote:Seriously, why are Americans so blood thirsty for war? I pray for peace. Ever see Crimson Tide? They fire nukes, we fire nukes. Nobody wins.

Given a choice between a peaceful resolution and war, I'd be genuinely surprised to hear any of hope for peace.
First .. "Crimson Tide" is a movie, and one produced with a rather pronounced pacifism bias at that. I don't base my opinions or beliefs on movies!

Second, you're buying into the Liberal propaganda about America. No one is "bloodthirsty" for war. But sometimes, there simply is no chance for peace.

One cannot "reason" with, or reach a "peaceful resolution" with a rabid dog. If a homicidal maniac is coming at you with a machete, you don't try to reach a "peaceful resolution" with him. You either escape or pick up a weapon and engage. When it comes to North Korea, there is no place to which to run. There is only one choice. And fortunately, we have adequate weaponry.

Now, is that little fellow in NK such a "rabid dog" or homicidal maniac? Well, frankly that remains to be seen. He seems like one to me, but it is a good sign that he has not attacked yet. But he may have talked himself into a corner. It may now be impossible for him to save face without launching an attack.

But Matthew, understand this. Romans chapter 13 authorizes the state to use lethal force to maintain order and protect it's citizens. If the only way for the U.S. to protect itself or it's allies in the Pacific is to wipe out North Korea first, and if we fail to do that, then the U.S. has sinned before God.

Unlike individuals, the state is not commanded to "turn the other cheek". The state is commanded to "not bear the sword in vain". Yes, Matthew, I am saying that. I am saying that if North Korea becomes a sufficient threat, then it is God's Will that we use force to neutralize that threat.

As far as Iraq's involvement in 9/11, it was very well established that Saddam had contributed financially to Al Qaeda's support. Now, one can hardly blame Saddam for this. After all, we contribute to "resistance" groups in countries in which we wish to see the ruling regime weakened. We've even given such groups weapons before.

And the Chinese do this.

And the Russians do this.

And the British do this.

It's pretty much standard procedure for any major country.

But as I said, there were better targets than Iraq. But it did do some good.

And last I heard, the BEST NK's missles can do is hit Guam. If he tries, I suspect we will see the revelation of some previously reported but little-discussed anti-missle technology.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/R41526.pdf

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/04/08/ ... lif-coast/
executioner wrote:I really don't see North Korea going to this extreme; there is no point to it whatsoever. All what would happen is someone will put them out of their misery. I do believe China and/or Japan will step in before we get involved.
If their leader were sane, I would agree with you. But I fear he is not. A lunatic will attack you with a stick even if he sees you've got a shotgun. And then you simply have to shoot him.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:54 am

knotodiswrld wrote:Second, you're buying into the Liberal propaganda about America. No one is "bloodthirsty" for war. But sometimes, there simply is no chance for peace.
Just as you are buying into the conservative propaganda about America. Both sides are using propaganda and your point of view is just as much based on what they want you to believe, as Matthew's or mine. If everyone would come to recognize this, some debates might be less vicious (not that this one is, it's been rather civil up until now).
knotodiswrld wrote:But Matthew, understand this. Romans chapter 13 authorizes the state to use lethal force to maintain order and protect it's citizens. If the only way for the U.S. to protect itself or it's allies in the Pacific is to wipe out North Korea first, and if we fail to do that, then the U.S. has sinned before God.

Unlike individuals, the state is not commanded to "turn the other cheek". The state is commanded to "not bear the sword in vain". Yes, Matthew, I am saying that. I am saying that if North Korea becomes a sufficient threat, then it is God's Will that we use force to neutralize that threat.
That is a rather creative interpretation. The state is not commanded to bear the sword against other states. It talks about justice within society. The state carries the sword to administer justice to its own citizens.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 am

I think people like to forget the OT. God did in fact tell HIS PEOPLE to KILL. God is a God of justice. God preserves His people and protects from evil. There is a WAR going on NOW that we cannot see. God could stop all of that too. We have this idea that we are the only creation God cares for or is involved in. There was the creation before us, where beings of free will chose to bail on God. You don't think God could stop that now? He has won it already, but it persists as long as we are here. The Bible is plain. He will and we shall overcome evil. We don't just say some prayers and evil goes away. Prayer is more than talking to God. Read the bible. Prayer is accompanied by action on our part.

People bring up the 10 commandments. First, there were more than 10. Second, the 10 commandments were not broken up like they are in our translations. The original thought was to not lust after something or someone you want that does not belong to you and kill to take it, or take it. Otherwise God breaks his own commands.

BUT, BIIIIIIIG BUT, God told his people to fight, to preserve and protect. God assisted with the outcome of these battles, when obedient men of God could not do it alone. The times when God told His people to kill all, including the animals, it was not to conquer for the sake of war, but to cleanse the earth of the rebellious warriors against God. I hope the USA never becomes the nation needing to be cleansed from the earth, because of our rebellion. I hope we do not war just to war. We have tried to stay out of things in the past, and look what it got us? The wars and terrorists came to us. What a responsibility to decide what to do. I think we should take the God/David/Goliath approach. We continue to send a small team in, take the one ring leader out, and not mess with the innocent people. This is kind of the opposite of the terrorists who go in, mess with the innocent people to get to the leaders.
Last edited by brent on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

r_karlsson22
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire
Pethead since: 1996

Post by r_karlsson22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:29 am

https://itunes.apple.com/se/album/pray- ... =635179055

Written and performed by the swedish band Adahl (They have toured with both Petra and John through the years.)
0 x
https://twitter.com/RickardWidgren
http://AboutRickard.com
Instagram: rickardwidgren