Schlitt & Sekulow: Back in the USSR

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Schlitt & Sekulow: Back in the USSR

Post by sue d. » Thu May 16, 2013 9:28 pm

In honor of this week's disclosures of IRS misconduct, the ACLJ band decided "Back in the USSR" might be appropriate!

0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Schlitt & Sekulow: Back in the USSR

Post by executioner » Fri May 17, 2013 7:02 am

I saw this on his fb page, very funny. Hopefully John won't be targeted now.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri May 17, 2013 5:15 pm

John sucks. You cannot be an American and be a Christian. You cannot support Republicans and be a Christian. Jesus was a Democrat. Obama is a direct descendent of Jesus Christ. Whites are the Anti-Christ. Blah, blah, blah....

Rock on John. Kick rear end and take names. Say it like you mean it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 pm

0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm

"This topic has been reported" -- what does THAT mean? Reported to who?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Obama, the IRS and all of those nuts intimidating and threatening people against the liberal regime. I think Rush had it right today.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue May 21, 2013 6:53 am

lol

what did Rush say?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 am

The reason the IRS needlessly blew it's own cover was to actually intimidate future conservative donors. Donations are at a low, because people like the CEO of Gibson guitars are being audited, threatened with jail time, etc. They are making up bogus charges. This country is out of control.

The media truly believes WE are evil. Look at that dumb *--** show producer yesterday that said the tornado hit Oklahoma city to take out conservatives. Come on.

Obama and the media are intimidating people. They want people too scared to fight. Well, in the most Christian way, * these people. I am sick of it. Time for a reboot. Time for them to get theirs. Hell is too far away.
Last edited by rexreed on Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: language
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Tue May 21, 2013 2:08 pm

brent wrote:Obama and the media are intimidating people. They want people too scared to fight. Well, in the most Christian way, F these people. I am sick of it. Time for a reboot. Time for them to get theirs. Hell is too far away.
So much for "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies."
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm

calicowriter wrote:
brent wrote:Obama and the media are intimidating people. They want people too scared to fight. Well, in the most Christian way, F these people. I am sick of it. Time for a reboot. Time for them to get theirs. Hell is too far away.
that is such a misapplied concept. What about God? Does God love the enemy he wars with? Did God tell his children in the Old Testament to kill people? Yes. We put on armor and we fight for what is good, what is holy what is just, what God wants us to do. Laying down and giving up is not loving. That is giving up. We don't quit when opposed. We don't love evil. We fight.

The more I think about this, the more angry I get. Just in the news today, back to back mind you, I head Obama talking about how we will not stand for other nations impeding freedom of religion. He said in the OKC tornado speech that WE believe and have faith in a higher power, yet, we are soon going to have the Supreme Court hearing a brief about prayer before a civic meeting. We are having our rights stomped on. The schools will not allow kids to have senior pics taken with bibles, but they can have their Motley Crue shirts with the demonic symbolism on there. Come on. We want to pick the telephone pole out of everyone else's eyes, while we have splinters in our own that need to come out first. Really, we only care about God caring about us when the poody hits the fan. Well, maybe all of this crud that is happening is to get our attention. Nahhhh. It is the conservative's fault.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 am

Well as far as I can remember Jesus said that if you only love your friends and not your enemies you are only doing what the rest of the world is doing.

And even far beyond any theological discussion it does not appear very fruitful with that kind of anger.

"Time for them to get theirs. Hell is too far away."
I find it very hard to understand how anyone can say such things. Religious or not.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Wed May 22, 2013 10:37 am

brent wrote:
calicowriter wrote:
that is such a misapplied concept. What about God? Does God love the enemy he wars with? Did God tell his children in the Old Testament to kill people? Yes. We put on armor and we fight for what is good, what is holy what is just, what God wants us to do. Laying down and giving up is not loving. That is giving up. We don't quit when opposed. We don't love evil. We fight.
Yes, I think God DOES love Lucifer because God is love and Lucifer is one of His creations. Does He love what Lucifer has become and what he does? No certainly not.

I don't believe in lying down and giving up. The Old Testament was before Christ. I believe the fight we are called to is best fought with prayer. Yes we should proudly stand up for what we believe, but using the same tactics as the enemy makes us no better than they. We are to be a light shining on a hill, not just another rolling in the mud.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 am

curt wrote:Well as far as I can remember Jesus said that if you only love your friends and not your enemies you are only doing what the rest of the world is doing.

And even far beyond any theological discussion it does not appear very fruitful with that kind of anger.

"Time for them to get theirs. Hell is too far away."
I find it very hard to understand how anyone can say such things. Religious or not.

I'm sure Brent is not really showing true anger but maybe just venting some about all these scandals that our government seems to be involved in; We as Christians should be angry at anyone it should be ourselves for allowing this to go on for so long. Our country is fast becoming the laughing stock of the modern world because of all this. I pray for them daily to make the right decisions for our country as God sees fit, but they continue to do the same over & over. The administration has decided to act stupid to everything going instead of admitting to "hey we made some mistakes". This truly makes them & our country look like idiots, but really makes us look even worse because we allow this to continue because we voted him and his cronies back in.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed May 22, 2013 11:34 am

I do get what Brent is saying. Turning the other cheek does not equal blind acceptance of everything thrown at you or that you shouldn't take a stand. You need to look at the context where it was said. The Bible does not say that anger or speaking out against wrong in and of itself it wrong. And sometimes it does take something drastic to get people's attention. I think the Old Testament still applies today. There were some pretty messed up people and they usually reaped the consequences of their disobedience.

The liberal and the conservative views both tend to be so intent on their own agenda they are missing the big picture. I think Exe's take is pretty accurate...The fact that we have the current administration we have now is an indication of a deeper problem that should be addressed.

The IRS thing has been interesting, it does look like things are catching up to them. I have to admit I'm not sorry to see them take some heat. :P
Last edited by Shell on Wed May 22, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed May 22, 2013 11:46 am

Things may not have been perfect when Bush was in office Matthew, but we were better off than we are now. Just sayin'.

Both sides need to stop bickering and focus on doing their best for their country.
0 x