zak89
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra Praise 2
Pethead since: 2002

White Heart Reunion Tour

Post by zak89 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 pm

From the band's FB page:
It's official, coming this fall. The White Heart Reunion Tour. Dates and info coming soon. Stay tuned...
Comments (from the official WH account):
What I can tell you all at this point is that we are looking for just 6 potential host churches for this limited date fall tour. Soon to be confirmed. And you can expect to see Rick Florian, Billy Smiley & Mark Gersmehl. We will reveal the other names soon.
And...
A live recording is being considered and Buck if you have a church that wants to host a date then just email the promoter/producer at [email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/White-Heart
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: White Heart Reunion Tour

Post by petraman » Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 am

Best news of the year, can't wait!
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 am

This is cool; I personally think that they went out on a high note with their last album "Redemption". I would love to see them again in concert.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:10 pm

cool, hope they get down AZ way.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead

Post by zak89 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm

They just posted again, asking for suggestions for opening artists. Sounds pretty serious. My pick would be for a Rachel Rachel reunion as an opening act (like they did for the Highlands tour). I'd love to see them share the stage for a song like "Once and For All" (which RR actually helped record)

A lot of the commenters are suggesting Petra - I think that's a little unfair to Petra :roll:

But I do wonder if a Petra/Whiteheart tour (tied in with the former's 40th anniversary tour) might carry more weight than either band on their own. I don't know anything about tour costs, but I would imagine that it would be a little more economical if two bands could share the stage.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead

Post by zak89 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Well well well...
We see a number of Petra requests on White Heart's page... what do YOU think about us performing together?
UPDATE: So now are thinking and looking for the perfect special guest artists/group to open the night. Any thoughts?
Are Petra FB staff reading my posts? :lol:

I wonder if the WH guys have been contacted. I think this could be a rocking partnership (pun not really intended). Anyone else?
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead

Post by zak89 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm

0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead

Post by zak89 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 pm

So apparently the touring partner has been identified... anyone's guess who it might be. Seems to have come together too fast for it to be Petra, but who knows.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:51 pm

A double bill with Petra would make sense. The only other thing I can see making sense would be to go out with a popular name, like Newsboys or Audio Adrenaline, that would draw a crowd; if the goal is to get enough interest to warrant something more beyond the tour.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 am

gman wrote:A double bill with Petra would make sense. The only other thing I can see making sense would be to go out with a popular name, like Newsboys or Audio Adrenaline, that would draw a crowd; if the goal is to get enough interest to warrant something more beyond the tour.
It sounds like WhiteHeart will be headlining this mini tour so I would think a "big" & "current" artist like Newsboys or AA would not work; All my sources are saying at this time Petra is NOT the artist WhiteHeart joining with, but you never know that could change.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm

They should borrow a page from Steven Curtis and have a small acoustic stage. Whenever there is a break to change over the stage, they would be on the acoustic stage doing WH classics. Seventy times Seven, Desert Rose, Unchain, Flame Passes On, Morning Star. So many good songs they could do.
They've got a great lineup. If Gordon Kennedy can do the Brian Wooten stuff, they'll be as smokin as they were in the Highlands days.
0 x

lucianotaz
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucianotaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:31 am

https://m.facebook.com/TheWhiteHeartBan ... 88067&_rdr

News about it in the link above. It seems they will release an EP.

I can not wait. After Petra, WH is the best christian band IMHO.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Guardian is also working on new music, so we may not want to rule them out with White Heart.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by gman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:56 am

Guardian has done shows off and on, and has been working on new music for a long time. They've had various plans in the works, and nothing has really come to fruition. They're "House of Guardian" internet show idea only saw one episode released that I know of. The only thing that gives me hope with this new project is that it was funded through kickstarter. According to their FB page, they have been in the studio quite a bit, and it appears that they have the cover art worked out.
I'd love to see them with Whiteheart, but anything will do. Next to Whiteheart, they've always been one of the best live shows I've seen.
0 x

mkepethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1985

Post by mkepethead » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Different styles but what about Bloodgood?
0 x
Petra Means Rock!