White Heart Reunion Tour

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Re: White Heart Reunion Tour

Post by gman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 am

mkepethead wrote:Different styles but what about Bloodgood?
I had a number of favorite albums back in the day. One of them was Blodgood's "Rock in a Hard Place". I loved the sort of pop metal they had going on. One of the best lyrics ever. "He's a sinner thought he'd never be found. He got caught with his own pants down. Can't imagine how he must have felt. He should've tightened up his Bible belt."
I used to go to the bookstore and listen to a lot of demos. I found the Bloodgood album because they were on Frontline records, which was home to two other favorite albums. Shout's "In Your Face", and Angelica's debut. David Zaffiro of Bloodgood of course went on to produce the Holy Soldier debut, another favorite. Awesome stuff. Kevin Whisler who played drums on RIAHP, also did the drums for a band called The Watchmen. Great songs and sound. I want to say the singers name was Greg Sweet. It was something Sweet. I found them because Regency was the home of the California Metal compilation, which is where I first ran into Mastedon. Two great albums by the Elefante Brothers, who did a masterful job with the Guardian transformation after the depatures of Rikk and Paul. The first Guardian album on Enigma was also one of my faves. I bought it because it was on Enigma and produced by Oz Fox. I also came across a Christian metal compilation in the metal section of a regular record store that included a band called Barren Cross. When I found their album and saw it was also on Enigma, and produced by the Elefantes, I didn't hesitate to buy it. Two good albums from those guys as well. Another one of my big faves was Jerusalem's "Dancing on the Head of the Serpent". Phenomenal stuff.
Sorry for that random stream of thought. Those were good times.
On a side note, Christianrock.net has now launched Christianclassicrock.net, and they are playing a lot of that stuff. Stryper, Petra, Guardian, Whiteheart, D&K, and on and on. Pop rock, regular rock, and popular metal. It brings back the memories.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra Praise 2
Pethead since: 2002

Post by zak89 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:28 pm

The new album title has been announced: http://www.whiteheart.com/72
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:09 pm

This would be good news... if I could get on a plane to the states to see them :(

But seriously, I'm glad. White Heart was one of the first bands, along with Petra, that got me into Christian rock.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Whiteheart is probably 2nd to Petra for me, can wait for the tour.
0 x