Truth about rock?

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 pm

0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Truth about rock?

Post by brent » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 am

Those guys have some truths in their books and videos, but they sensationalized rumors as facts about some musicians and bands. They flat our lied about some things. These bone heads did more harm than good in my book. I don't agree that selling products designed to scare people into Christianity is biblical.

Boy is that movie sooooo 80s. They were smiling about Bon Scott. Yeah, that is real Christian. If I was lost and I saw Christians smiling about another man's addiction-induced death, I would say f you God. What a terrible display of the church's condescending attitude, so prevalent in the 80s.

Again, the majority of the stuff they claim musicians are about is not even decided by the musicians. The majority of bands had no control over their album art. If we are talking about lyrics, yeah...then I get worried. Drugs and alcohol is not what makes the musician make the music. It does influence the music. Drugs and alcohol are available to everyone and used by everyone, from coffee and soda pop drinkers, to hard drug users. When they highlight the personal lives of people, I don't pay too much attention to that either. We could go down the list of ministers, TV evangelists, deacons, teachers, youth volunteers, etc who have screwed up, drugged up, stolen, etc. Everyone has something to deal with.

These guys are right in that we should not be letting ourselves be influenced by things that are not Godly. I mostly listen to music, not the lyrics. I couldn't tell you the lyrics for most of the stuff I listen too. I am listening to pixels of a photograph. There are some people that are easily manipulated. Those same people would be manipulated by mind controlling pastors too. We all are influenced on some level by something. That is why we are to be in church, in the Word, etc. It is not IF we will be influenced, but when.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Yeah, they use a lot of scare tactics. The guy with the headphones and the gun... what a joke.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:06 pm

I would be more afraid of Catholic priests than rock stars.
0 x