A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

SYRIA WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Post by executioner » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:31 pm

I think we need to stay out of the way and just let them destroy themselves; both sides are evil in their own way with the Rebels getting Al queda & Hamas support. Plus I feel at this time we need to avoid Russia because Putin is just on this side of a loon. I do feel for the innocent victims of all this, but the more they fight among themselves the less chance they have in coming up against Israel and anyone else. Thoughts anyone??
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Re: SYRIA WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Post by gman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 pm

There's so much going on here. I don't think we should be getting involved, but it sure looks like it is the President's dream to tear up the middle east. He's already helped do it in Libya and Egypt. Now we seem to be headed for it in Syria. Again we're backing the rebels, Al-qeada, and the Muslim brotherhood. The arab spring was sold as a good thing, but it really hasn't worked out so well for the people. Egypt is worse off. Musharif was no saint, but he kept things under control for the most part.
We don't know if Assad is responsible for the chemical attack. It's been reported that maybe the rebels did it to frame Assad and get us to take him out. All the big political players in this country are saying he did it, and it's curious that they are all suddenly in favor of us actually going it alone, as opposed to Iraq which was anything but, and doing something; possibly taking out Assad. John Kerry reportedly said that our Arab friends would pay for it. It's been speculated that Saudi Arabia would pay for it because they want to run a natural gas pipeline through Syria and Assad is standing in the way.
It's also been speculated, though a much farther out there idea, that we would gear up to do something, China and Russia would oppose, and at the last minute we would sign a treaty with China and Russia to back down, in exchange for China forgiving our debt and us agreeing to sign on to a new global currency. Like I said, that seems far fetched.
Rahm Immanuel is famous for saying, "never let crisis go to waste.". It's very possible that the big players are pushing for action in Syria to take our focus off of what's going on in Washington. Immigration reform, more Obamacare unveiling, another spending resolution, the debt ceiling etc.
That's a lot of random thoughts. I haven't seen any liberal comments on this. I'm curious to see what Obama fans are saying on this.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:49 am

Stay out. We are not going to solve it, no matter who is in the White House. Let those people do their thing. If it comes over here or effects Israel, then we take them out. It is a last resort. This crap has been going on for a long, long time and nobody (Obama included) has done anything about it. All of a sudden Obama needs a distraction for all of the other stuff he is doing. Check this out:

http://amresolution.com/2013/07/11/obam ... nications/

http://www.storyleak.com/obama-executiv ... n-systems/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-give ... ca/5342401
0 x

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1993

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:33 am

I hate that people are dying there, but the US should most likely wait before using any military force.
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 am

Matthew RJ wrote:Americans not wanting to go to war? That's a new one. :shock:

Bomb 'em to hell. Shock & awe.

You have a outlook about Americans that is really screwed up; you place us all in the same box and think we all think the same which too me is offensive. I know you don't like it when we talk like that about Canadians so I think we deserve the same respect.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:04 am

Matthew RJ wrote:Some of this caution would have been helpful before invading Iraq. But then again it was a republican in office so it was a different story.
Because of what we did Iraq is a free democracy now, yes problems persist there, but its a lot better off then it was 10-12 yrs ago. I will get into more details when I have more time(our church sponsors 2 missionaries in Iraq and their testimony is awesome).
0 x