A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Halloween and Christianity???

Post by executioner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 am

It's what you make of the day, if your intent is evil and does not go along with the Bible than we are a problem; believe me the intent of our church is totally focused on supporting the neighborhood with a Christian & safe alternative. If you have something against the Christian alternative to Halloween than you should have a problem with any of the other holidays celebrated here on a yearly basis including Christmas & Easter.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

srlwizfan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War

Post by srlwizfan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 pm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... en-history

found this article as another way of looking at Halloween.

Now as far as the video that was posted there is so much about what he has to say that scares me.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:51 pm

I did not watch the video. I was working on the premise of taking something meant for bad and making it for good. God does this all the time. The Apostle Paul even addressed this. An approximate paraphrase to people concerned about someone's methodology was, "Don't worry about it. Even if you don't like it, God can use it for his good." That's the deal.

BTW, I used to be so hardcore against Halloween that my daughter got the impression that she would not go to Heaven if she participated. She even told other kids in kindergarten they were not going to Heaven if they participated. That got my attention. We never EVER taught that, but that is what she inferred. So, we did the set aside Christian trunk nights, etc. All the most kids know about Halloween is what they know about Christmas. Family has fun and they get stuff, or they get lots of stuff because family life sucks, or something like that.

Daniel, God's grace is bigger than all of this. Jesus would not have stayed in and locked the doors. He would have been using it as a tool somehow.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 am

brent wrote:I did not watch the video. I was working on the premise of taking something meant for bad and making it for good. God does this all the time. The Apostle Paul even addressed this. An approximate paraphrase to people concerned about someone's methodology was, "Don't worry about it. Even if you don't like it, God can use it for his good." That's the deal.

BTW, I used to be so hardcore against Halloween that my daughter got the impression that she would not go to Heaven if she participated. She even told other kids in kindergarten they were not going to Heaven if they participated. That got my attention. We never EVER taught that, but that is what she inferred. So, we did the set aside Christian trunk nights, etc. All the most kids know about Halloween is what they know about Christmas. Family has fun and they get stuff, or they get lots of stuff because family life sucks, or something like that.

Daniel, God's grace is bigger than all of this. Jesus would not have stayed in and locked the doors. He would have been using it as a tool somehow.
Your last sentence is where it is; We talk a lot in our home how we change something in the world that is evil to good and in the whole process glorify God; Glorify God in all you do is one of my favorite verses.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:57 pm

brent wrote:I did not watch the video. I was working on the premise of taking something meant for bad and making it for good. God does this all the time. The Apostle Paul even addressed this. An approximate paraphrase to people concerned about someone's methodology was, "Don't worry about it. Even if you don't like it, God can use it for his good." That's the deal.

We have talked about it on the phone, I know where you're coming from, I think from a spiritual point of view this is something I am going to have to walk away from.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks Daniel. This is the type of discussion I like, no name calling, no sinner repent or your going to hell, not questioning someone's salvation because they don't agree with you. We disagree what's the big deal?
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:06 am

yay us!
0 x