Post by Dan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 am

Yeah saw that, RIP?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Paul Crouch

Post by brent » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Wow. And noooooow we will see some fireworks. Remember, YOU own TBN. It belongs to YOU. Right.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Yeah they do try and pass themselves off as a PBS of sorts. It is clear as crystal to me that they have a billion dollar empire because of donations from desperate and uneducated people. The Holyland Experience theme park in Orlando? It looks like an SNL sketch...only it is real. Still, the man is dead so I'll not focus on the petty.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:13 pm

There will no point people coming out about homosexual encounters with Crouch now there is no reputation to ruin. Donations? hush money.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:11 pm

His family is in turmoil. THAT was his doing and that is sad. It doesn't matter what Paul did in public for God if his kids and grand kids know he is a fraud and have to go the legal route to get him to wake up. Even his own wife divorced him and lived in another mansion.

You are known by the company you keep and the programs you host. There are more crazy, unbiblical, WOF and Hollywood theology people on there than anything. Crouch has been harshly outspoken against anyone doing the Lord's work, checking what they have preached against the bible. Hey, if you are preaching THE Word, you should have nothing to worry about. But, when Paul and company was preaching THEIR version of God's Word, things got personal. They should have gotten personal. Paul is on record stating that if people got saved because of TBN and did not give to TBN, God would rescind their salvation because that was like stealing from God. IIRC, God's free gift was paid for long ago, and there are no human collection plates able to collect for it. I guess Paul learned that one from the Catholic church. Now that I think about it, TBN and St Peter's has a lot in common. Both are the dreams of men, had money raised by offering un-godly gifts/results, and create on-going controversy.

When Billy Graham dies, I will be sad to see him go, but happy that he has made the change from death to life. With Paul…yeah…he just doesn't have the same affect on me. I am just glad to see him go.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm

If only there was a way to repurpose all those broadcast stations and cable networks. Some horrible programming still await us...
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Petra TV
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 am

My heart goes out to the family, but never have gotten into anything that has anything to do with TV/Christian Media, especially when all they do is sit and ask for donations. The only time I've ever turned on TBN was when something special was on that related to Petra in some form. Where he is now is not for me to judge, I'll let God handle that heavy lifting.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 am

I watched Real Videos years ago and I watched Petra specials occasionally, but other than that I've not paid a whole lot of attention to them.

The problem with the T.V. evangelist type folks is too often it becomes about bringing in the money at the expense of everything else, and that is something that could happen to anyone. They don't have a good accountability network either. I mean, who are they going to talk to with stuff they struggle with? Of course it's wrong, but it's not more wrong because they happen to get attention from the media, and people do have the option of not donating and/or not watching them. Just sayin'.
0 x