A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

The Zone has changed

Post by Dan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:39 pm

I don't know what it is, but the Zone has never been such a great place to post and share stuff. Happy to be a member!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Re: The Zone has changed

Post by Shell » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Hahaha, I have my own thoughts about why that might be (or at least what might be contributing to that) but I'll refrain from posting it. It wouldn't really accomplish anything. :mrgreen:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:51 am

I think it is because Obama is President.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 am

brent wrote:I think it is because Obama is President.
Yes ... that's why global warming has ended, there is peace on earth, and poverty and hunger have been eliminated.

And oh yes ... everyone has access to healthcare.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:59 am

I don't know why I have wasted my life with Jesus. Obama is all I need now.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:28 am

knotodiswrld wrote:
brent wrote:I think it is because Obama is President.
Yes ... that's why global warming has ended, there is peace on earth, and poverty and hunger have been eliminated.

And oh yes ... everyone has access to healthcare.
Global warming...oh yes. We were supposed to have no polar ice caps by this year. Look what happened. The team of "scientists" going to investigate the lack of snow got stuck in it. The ship that rescued them got stuck in it. I would say there is a butt load of snow and ice still there. Meanwhile, Al Gore is a super rich politician who was able to build up this bogus cause with bad science (which has been exposed and admitted to) to pass legislation and make treaties, to profit from this. This was akin to the guys who through their state's farm land owners under the bus, took their land, bought land beside it, got paid for their land, and built a highway to nowhere. I heard the reason we have unprecedented cold temps today in Olathe is because of global warming. Ok, that makes a whole lot of sense. But really, the earth has been warming since creation.

Maybe the earth is supposed to warm. Heck there are an estimated 7 billion people here. We burn all kinds of fossil fuels, wood, vegetation, poop, etc...Yeah, things are going to warm up. Maybe we have countries like China completely trashing the environment, and the earth reaps what has been sown. Maybe all of this contributes to the prophetic events. I am all for good stewardship and and taking care of God's property. At the end of the day, we cannot prevent what has been laid before the earth began. God intends to destroy the heavens and earth by fire and create a new "creation".

There will never be peace. The bible is plain. Any person who strives to force Israel to sleep with the devil is cursed. Get ready America. 2014/15 could have big implications for us.

War. Crap. Obama lied out of his teeth. But, he kind of had to. None of this house cleaning promises came about because he had to win an election. The non-enlightened people that voted for him needed to hear those promises to get the warmies. But all of those things were are unrealistic and some of them were against the law. I heard from a government employee friend (can't say what they do) that the presidential candidates get a heads up before the election about current events behind the scenes stuff and then after they are sworn in they get the whole eye opening picture. This is why Obama had to continue what Bush started. The other reason he had to continue is because those two guys were the same puppets from the same puppet store, pulled by the same strings.

There will always be sick, hungry and oppressed people. Can't solve that with politics. It has existed since the fall and no government or non-profit has put a dent in it.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Daniel wrote:I don't know what it is, but the Zone has never been such a great place to post and share stuff. Happy to be a member!
I haven't farted around here in a while either, so it probably smells a lot nicer.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:28 am

bakersfieldpethead wrote:I haven't farted around here in a while either, so it probably smells a lot nicer.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 am

One ship getting stuck in an ice sheet does not negate the rapid melting of the polar ice caps.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:10 am

The larger size of the ice caps does.
rexreed wrote:One ship getting stuck in an ice sheet does not negate the rapid melting of the polar ice caps.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:48 am

gman wrote:The larger size of the ice caps does.
rexreed wrote:One ship getting stuck in an ice sheet does not negate the rapid melting of the polar ice caps.

Yep! Evidence shows the polar ice caps are larger than ever before and not only larger but the ice is thicker. Read up on Iceland & Greenland also on how they are becoming more of a frozen tundra. In fact the U.S. Army has had to cut down on "Cold Weather Exercises" in Greenland due to colder weather over the last ten years.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 pm

executioner wrote:
gman wrote:The larger size of the ice caps does.

Yep! Evidence shows the polar ice caps are larger than ever before and not only larger but the ice is thicker. Read up on Iceland & Greenland also on how they are becoming more of a frozen tundra. In fact the U.S. Army has had to cut down on "Cold Weather Exercises" in Greenland due to colder weather over the last ten years.
Are they?

0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Actually, they are. NASA and JAXA images reveal record growth since 2010.

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6 ... -photo.htm
0 x

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Cool stuff! :lol:
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Tue May 13, 2014 10:36 pm

It's kind of silly to freak out every time the ice caps are a different size than they were the year before... seems to me, they're always a different size.
Guess that explains the "global warming!"..."global cooling!"..."global warming"..."cooling"..."warming"..."warming"..."OH WAIT! THE EARTH IS COOLING! We need to do something to stop this global cooling!"... Forget it.
My opinion is that we just think of lot of ourselves to say that we're the ones "destroying the earth". Before we had satellites, we didn't have so many screwy politicians taking our light bulbs and proclaiming themselves the saviors of the world. We probably have much less of an effect on the global environment than we think we do. From what I've seen, the earth can handle any man-made pollution much better than we ever can, and burning coal (that came from the environment anyway) doesn't actually have any negative affect on the earth.
"This is my Father's world, and He can fix it!"
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."