A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Any child sponsors out there?

Post by LivingRock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:45 am

I was writing a letter to one of my sponsored kids yesterday and got to wondering, are there any other child sponsors on here? I have three kids through Compassion Int., one in Kenya and two in Rwanda, as well as another girl in Rwanda sponsored through the organization I work for, Shelter Them Batarure. My parents also have a girl from Romania with World Vision. I'd love to connect with some other child sponsors!
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Any child sponsors out there?

Post by Jan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Living Rock, I'm also a child sponsor. Right now I have a sponsored girl in Honduras. I had another one for about 7 yrs., then her dad was able to go to a school for pastor training, then he got a job in Guatemala as a pastor. She is on facebook so we get to keep in touch now which is great because as I'm sure you know, we receive very few letters from sponsored children.

In the past I've sponsored kids from Korea and India also. I love hearing from the kids!
0 x

LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Post by LivingRock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:15 pm

That's great Jan! How wonderful that you're able to keep in touch. Friends of mine were able to visit one of my girls in Rwanda last year and I will be going myself next year; so looking forward to seeing her! She frequently mentions my friends' visit. I'm also hoping to visit my two other girls over there. Is your girl in Honduras through Compassion? I've heard great things about the work going on down there. I know several people that sponsor in Honduras as well!
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 pm

That is awesome that you get to go to Rwanda and meet your girl! My Honduras sponsorships are through Christian Relief Fund. It is great to be able to keep in touch with my girl through facebook, even though there is the language barrier. But she is a typical teenage girl who posts a zillion pictures of herself, so I get to see lots of pictures!! :) The India one was through Gospel for Asia, and the Korean ones were through Christian Children's Fund. I forgot to mention I had one a long time ago in the Philippines, also through CCF. It's good to know Compassion works in Honduras also, there is alot of need there.
0 x