Post by Dan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Great actor/comedian what a miserable way to go. :(
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: R.I.P Robin Williams

Post by brent » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 am

Sad. I am watching some people post about how Robin, or anyone committing suicide is selfish. Another missed chance to make a positive influence on the world. These people are idiots.

When someone's brain is "not right" chemically, the person is depressed, hearing voices, seeing a fog, they are not "right". They are not healthy physically. They are not "in their right mind". I have a family member who has been dealing with this since childhood. We have tried everything. Taking pills only masks it and creates other problems. Some of the medications make matters worse. Sometimes they are not rational. That is not their perfect will. That is not what they really want. What they want is to be normal.

A chemical imbalance, as far as I know, does not equate to demon possession either. I have heard that crap. This is a physical condition. There isn't any way to "cast out" chemicals.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:01 pm

I was very sad to hear about Robin. He was a talented and funny person.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 pm

brent wrote:Sad. I am watching some people post about how Robin, or anyone committing suicide is selfish. Another missed chance to make a positive influence on the world. These people are idiots.

When someone's brain is "not right" chemically, the person is depressed, hearing voices, seeing a fog, they are not "right". They are not healthy physically. They are not "in their right mind". I have a family member who has been dealing with this since childhood. We have tried everything. Taking pills only masks it and creates other problems. Some of the medications make matters worse. Sometimes they are not rational. That is not their perfect will. That is not what they really want. What they want is to be normal.

A chemical imbalance, as far as I know, does not equate to demon possession either. I have heard that crap. This is a physical condition. There isn't any way to "cast out" chemicals.
You're right about the biological, chemical aspects of depression. I have witnessed it myself. I will say that the RIGHT medication really can help. But what is the right medication is different for each person.

When you say "Taking pills ... creates other problems", and "Some of the medications make matters worse" are you referring to MANIC behavior by any chance? If so, then your family member may have bi-polar disorder, not just depression. It requires a whole different class of medications.

I know what you're going through. And I've had to deal with ministers in my own denomination (a minority of them to be sure) who cling to some very uninformed ideas about this.

So, don't let the uninformed attitudes of a few make you feel like you have no friends at all in the body of Christ on this issue.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul