A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Driftwood Cross

Post by LivingRock » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Our church's worship team, which consists of myself and three other members (and occasionally one more) recently released our first CD. Now please take note, this is a VERY local CD done in someone's basement studio, so the mix isn't perfect and it is by no means professional. Our idea was, "We love playing music anyways, so let's record a few songs and put them on a CD for the church members to buy." It was basically just a fun thing... we had a "CD release night" on the 12th and offered our CD's for sale. "$10 if you can afford it, $5 if you can't, and if you can't afford anything, we want you to have one anyways." (Keith Green anyone?!)To our surprise we sold 79 copies of the 85 we printed, and we have a "waiting list"! Anyways, our Cd is titled "I Wanna Be Free" and it's a mix of old hymns done in a new style, modern worship, original songs, and a few oldies. (We play stuff like Drift Away, Long as I see the Light, and lots of Bob Dylan stuff in church... it's a very laid-back church!)
Anyways, if you want to take a quick listen for fun, here's our version of "Pass Me Not, O Gentle Saviour."

(can't figure out how to get it embedded for some reason...)
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Driftwood Cross

Post by Jonathan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Really cool fairground vibe. I'd crack a beer and sing along.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."