Songs cost $1 each. So, what's the deal?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Songs cost $1 each. So, what's the deal?

Post by brent » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 pm

It can't be about money anymore. It HAS to be about sucky music and the fact that artists just cannot get exposure without money and machine behind them.

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/ind ... c-industry
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: Songs cost $1 each. So, what's the deal?

Post by Dan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Good to see the Vinyls are still on the increase, finally people are getting back to a superior audio experience. Lots of sucky music out there... Bruno Mars comes to mind.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Re: Songs cost $1 each. So, what's the deal?

Post by knotodiswrld » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:14 pm

On Demand streaming gives people the convenience of radio and free music, while allowing them to CUSTOMIZE what kind of music they steam.

On the radio, I have to just take whatever the DJ's decide to play. But on my iPhone stations, I can pick what KIND of Christian music I want ... heavy metal, or praise and worship. I can even create NEW stations to some extent. And if a song comes on I don't really like, I can skip it and go to the next one.

In other words, I get ALMOST (though not quite) the control of buying music, at the price of listening to the radio.

The internet is taking over everything, and is going to rewrite the rules of EVERY business ... right up until the terrorists hit us with an EMP. Then we'll be looking to the Amish to teach us how to survive.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul