Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:39 am

0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Disciple - another kickstarter

Post by brent » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Well, normally when you have to Kickstart it, you know you are in a niche market, never to return. Sad. It looks like these guys are still making it work. I think they have aged out with their original fans.

Nice guys though. Always enjoyed talking to them. Seemed to have a good attitude. I took my daughter to see them here in KS. Only 50 kids showed up to the show and it was loud as crap. Not a bad piece of floor in the house. Everyone ate it up.
0 x

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1993

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:15 am

Given the state of the music industry and the lower popularity of Christian rock (and rock in general), kickstarter has become a different avenue to help put music out.

With the exception of petra/classic petra/john schlitt/the union of sinners and saints, Disciple is my favorite Christian rock band that's still doing shows. Good music. Upfront gospel message.

I last saw them in concert with Skillet and Decyfer Down during the end of Skillet's Comatose tour. They were playing pranks on each other which was fun to watch.
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:03 pm

If it works, more power to them.

I liked Disciple's first albums a lot, but I haven't listened to any of their recent stuff. I think I read the old members left or retired, and it's mostly a bunch of new guys (except for the singer).
0 x