Trump Tape

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
curt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Trump Tape

Post by curt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:12 am

I am reading alternative facts. :lol:

I agree that some of it is interpreted in a quite biased way but that does not mean that it is insignificant. Far from that.

It is going to be hard to find a paper less trustworthy than the Trump administration if they follow their current track of alternative facts.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Curt,

If you want to debate or argue, you have to debate apples to apples. You are attack precisely and deflect all over the place.
0 x

no one
Pethead
Pethead

Post by no one » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Great quotes by American presidents:
The only thing we have to fear...
Ask not what what your country can do for you...
Grab her in the chihuahua. (Hahaha board censorship, well you know how the original statement was said)
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:48 pm

You can say p-u-s-s-y... meow, oh wait you're in Canada.. no you can't!

Trump didn't say that while in office or in public, keep it in context. Imagine if they had a hidden tape of Bill when he was sucking on that cigar. :lol:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:00 pm

no one wrote:Great quotes by American presidents:
The only thing we have to fear...
Ask not what what your country can do for you...
Grab her in the chihuahua. (Hahaha board censorship, well you know how the original statement was said)
You know what? The only reason any of the politicians and past presidents aren't on record saying something equally horrible is the age we live in. Back in the day, the press had standards. Somethings were just not accepted by the press. People had standards. There also wasn't a camera and mic on everyone 24/7 back then.

I guarantee you Bill Clinton and Kennedy, two of the biggest womanizers to ever cheat on their wives IN THE WHITE HOUSE (LITERALLY), said far worse stuff. Nixon said some hard core stuff. He supposedly was a Christian and loved gospel music. Let's not make everyone other than Trump a saint. That is far from true. At least with Trump, all of his stupid stuff is out in the open. There will be no surprises like there was with Kennedy.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:56 am

Brent. What an absurd claim against my inputs. I have just pointed out that you have contradicted yourself and claimed I had specific views that you made up yourself. After that you started talking theories of creation. Apples to apples....
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:56 am

I am not commenting on your input. I am commenting on your output.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:47 am

You have contradicted yourself, you tell me to compare apples to apples while you respond to my point about specific laws directed only towards Muslims with some speculation on creation theory. I think you should get to the point instead of trying to focus on some metalevel.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:51 am

curt wrote:I am reading alternative facts. :lol:
:roll:
Breitbart wrote:According to Spicer, the term “alternative facts” had been taken out of context.

“Alternative set of facts — and what she meant by this is — that we reached out to one group of folks for riderships and there was another group that did that — and again, we weren’t by any means trying to mislead anyone. We asked for a set of facts. We thought that the facts that were coming in, in the time we were giving to respond, were accurate. There are times like anything else, it’s not alternative facts. It’s that sometimes you can watch two different stations and get two different weather reports. It doesn’t mean that the station was lying to you.”

Spicer went on to explain how the press had manipulated Conway’s remarks and that there was a case to be made for their claims on last Friday’s inauguration.

“The press was trying to make it seem like we were ignoring the facts,” he continued. “Sometimes when you look at a situation sometimes, in the same way you can look at a weather report and one weather report comes out and says it’s going to be cloudy and the next one [says] it is going to be light rain. No one lied to you. It just means you interpreted the data in a way that you felt got you to a conclusion. And I think this idea that we are immediately lying because — let’s take the audience. We were right. If you add up the number of people who watched that online, on Twitter, on YouTube, it broke all sorts of records.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/ ... are-lying/
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:01 am

They claimed the size of the audience attending was the largest ever contrary to the evidence provided. Now they try to point attention to social media, youtube and so on. That does not correct them regarding their original statement. But lots of words cover that up. For some...
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 pm

The exact statement was that Donald Trump drew “the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe” The statement can be found here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... e-evidence

With regard to the "in person" part they tried to avoid that topic in the statements Mountain Man pointed to. It's quite easy to see why. I've also seen them trying to turn it into a statement saying that the total number - if you ad those attending in person to those around the globe - was the largest ever. However that would be the largest number in total. Not the largest number in person which is what he said. So that would be alternative logic which of course is suitable if you are aiming for alternative conclusions or "facts".

Personally the number of attendes is not very important to me. If twice as many had shown up, I wouldn't change my mind on Trump. If only 10 persons showed up for Obama's inaguration I would still think the same about his ideas and ambitions. However the sheer fact that what the Trump administration is saying is a lie should be noted. And the fact that they desperately try to cover it up instead of just admitting is also noteworthy. In case it was a mistake, a bad phrasing intended to be understood in another way it would not be that significant.

I believe it will prove very damaging to their credibility. They are right that the press is sometimes lying, simplifying, being biased and so on. And I think it's fair for anyone to point to that. However the fact that they are liars themselves will make it quite easy for the press to just write them off as not trustworthy. That's a shame.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:57 pm

For those of you who may not know it Dan is lying and has done so before. I do not live in the Netherlands, neither do I hold political views he has tried to ascribe to me. Let's just ignore those lies and get on with the discussions.
1 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

I apologize Curt, your in Denmark, but you're still not in the US... and have no idea what your talking about.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:21 pm

curt wrote:They claimed the size of the audience attending was the largest ever...
No. Spicer said that it was "the most-watched ever", which it was when you count in-person, television, and online viewership.

As for in-person attendees, don't believe the lies of the media who have been building a false narrative around a picture taken at least an hour before the inauguration. Pictures taken during Trump's inaugural speech show that the Mall was packed from the steps of the Capital to the base of the Washington Monument. No, it wasn't a record-breaking crowd -- Obama's first inauguration in 2009 is going to be hard to beat -- but Trump's was certainly the second largest inauguration crowd ever since the ceremony was moved to the West side of the Capital.

If you're so inclined, you can see a thread on this topic I started at another forum and compare the pictures for yourself:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showt ... crowd-size
Last edited by Mountain Man on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Dan wrote:I apologize Curt, your in Denmark, but you're still not in the US... and have no idea what your talking about.
Yes, I don't entirely understand why non-Americans feel the need to lecture US citizens about our own country when we literally know better.
0 x