Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Re: Trump Tape

Post by p-freak » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:36 am

Time to alleviate the mood with some Dutch satire:

The Netherlands welcome Trump in his own words

I would like to extend my sincere condoleances to all my American friends for having to suffer the consequences of having chosen Donald J. Trump as your president. If America were Nicaragua, I really wouldn't give sh*t, but it just happens to be the case that the US is a major world power and everything your president does has its repercussions all over the world. Unfortunately, we now have to suffer the consequences of you guys having given power to an erratic narcisist, who has a habit of turning factual truth into liquid fiction, and who is actually responsible as a global capitalist for outsourcing all the jobs you lost over the last decades to low-wage countries, and now has made you believe that politics is going to be able to give you those jobs back.

This is my first and my last post in this thread. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, and create a bit more wildfire. Just tell me when you start shooting and I'll duck. :lol:
1 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:59 am

Haha haha Pieter! you can't deny the Dutch do have a good sense of humor!
0 x

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:40 am

Hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can grab them by the pony!
It's true!
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:34 am

p-freak....a few of the news networks here published the results of a study of the minds of politicians. Evidently, those traits are pretty common. These are the same money, power and attention whores we had for class president in high school.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 pm

p-freak wrote:Unfortunately, we now have to suffer the consequences of you guys having given power to an erratic narcisist, who has a habit of turning factual truth into liquid fiction, and who is actually responsible as a global capitalist for outsourcing all the jobs you lost over the last decades to low-wage countries, and now has made you believe that politics is going to be able to give you those jobs back.
That's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it is that Trump is an old fashioned American patriot who has a sincere desire and a viable plan to bring peace, strength, and prosperity back to a country that has for the past several decades been gutted by liberal globalists intent on destroying US sovereignty in order to pave the way for one-world government rule and all the evils that come with it.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:18 am

Mountain Man, I think I owe you a reply on your last writing about Spicer's claims. You wrote:

"You're assuming that people always speak with 100% precision, and that nuance doesn't exist in human languages. He said what he said, the media interpreted it one way, Spicer said, No, you've interpreted my statement incorrectly, and this is what I meant. That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned."

I have never assumed people always speak with 100 % precision. I have even said that if it was an error of expression he should just have admitted that. The fact is, his statement was 50 % wrong, and he wants to maintain it was right. In doing so he starts bashing media for automatically asuming that he is lying, while in fact they just stick to his exact words. They have not interpreted him incorrectly, he has expressed himself incorrectly. No big deal if it was not for the fact that he expressed himself as if there was no discussion that he was right.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:39 am

Mountain Man wrote:
p-freak wrote:Unfortunately, we now have to suffer the consequences of you guys having given power to an erratic narcisist, who has a habit of turning factual truth into liquid fiction, and who is actually responsible as a global capitalist for outsourcing all the jobs you lost over the last decades to low-wage countries, and now has made you believe that politics is going to be able to give you those jobs back.
That's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it is that Trump is an old fashioned American patriot who has a sincere desire and a viable plan to bring peace, strength, and prosperity back to a country that has for the past several decades been gutted by liberal globalists intent on destroying US sovereignty in order to pave the way for one-world government rule and all the evils that come with it.
I can agree with you on some of the thoughts behind that. There are quite many of us who would be happier with a strong American president than some sort of one-world government. Whether right of wrong i just fail to see that Trump will be able to deliever. Too many of us don't believe that lasting peace is established by building walls. Not only do we have historical evidence to their damaging effect, we find that they are just wrong, morally speaking. The same goes for the religious discrimination he wants to establish (the ban of ALL Muslims). We find it morally wrong and we have seen what effects it has had in the extreme forms. We don't even want to see the shadow of that again. The truth about Trump is that probably more than half of the Americans and a very large part of the rest of the free and democratic part of the world fail to see that a man with these ideas cen be a leader of the free world, since his ideas are opposed to what we understand as freedom. So then there is the risk of divide into stronger national states - Mr. Putin's dream.

I would like to point your attention to some statements from the Pope (feel free to bash him as much as you like, you will most probably stop before me.) As much as I dislike the idea of the pope institution and as much as I usually disagree with most of what he says, I think he has some points in this interview. However there are two very important things to note before reading it. I do not believe he is only pointing towards Trump. Populism is everywhere in Europe and growing. Second he does not equal what is going on to what went on in the very, very dark ages in 1930. However he does point to similarities and to a direction that need to be stopped, before it gets of track. And again. This is equally as important for countries outside the US: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/p ... 48535.html
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm

"I got God on my side
And I'm just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a powerful thing, baby
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
And fill it with devils and dust"

Bruce Springsteen
1 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:04 pm

People lost interest when you were exposed as a Danish shrill.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm

curt wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm
"I got God on my side

Bruce Springsteen
Because I always take theological advice from Bruce Springsteen...
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm
curt wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm
"I got God on my side

Bruce Springsteen
Because I always take theological advice from Bruce Springsteen...
So true.
0 x