Trump Tape

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
curt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Trump Tape

Post by curt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 am

First Dan is lying about where I live and what I think. When I point that out he attacks my person instead. Not a fair approach.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:51 am

Mountain Man: Spicer said "in person". You cannot ignore that. It is on tape and you can find it everywhere. I have already pointed to a source.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:07 am

Curt, I guess the Russians must of hacked your posts and left a Denmark IP address? :lol:
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 am

Unfair again. You claimed I lived in the Netherlands. I will ignore you from now on and hope the administrators will find lies, personal attacks and other kinds of disturbances unacceptable.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:21 am

geez... get a sense of humor! Why are you so ashamed about Denmark! I heard it is a nice place.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 am

Huffington Post is a credible source right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-gord ... 42945.html
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:27 pm

curt wrote:Mountain Man: Spicer said "in person". You cannot ignore that. It is on tape and you can find it everywhere. I have already pointed to a source.
Here's his entire quote: "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe."

The phrase "around the globe" makes it obvious he was referring to more than just people in Washington DC that day.

And then there's the liberal media's deliberate attempts to downplay the actual size of the in-person crowd with deceptive images captured at least an hour before the inauguration had even started.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:42 pm

He claims it was the largest both in person and around the globe. It may have been the largest around the globe but not in person. Logically the term "both" will imply that both parts of the statement will have to be true if the statement is true. There is no escape. If this was not the case why would they be so reluctant to talk about the "in person" part in the text you quoted? If he wants to add the two it was the largest in total, not in person.

It's not only liberal media showing those pictures. It's all over the globe in all sorts of media. That of course is not a demonstration of truth in itself but it shows that it is not just a liberal media thing.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

curt wrote:He claims it was the largest both in person and around the globe.
Yes, which means that combined, it was the largest audience ever, and he's probably right (not to mention the in-person audience was much larger than the deceptive media is willing to admit).

Like Spicer said, if you approach his comment without the presumption that he's automatically lying then it's fairly obvious what he was saying.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Both means both. It does not mean combined or in total. If I say the Beatles has sold more than the Stones both in CDs and DVDs you would expect them to have sold both more CDs and more DVDs. The statement would not be true if the Beatles had sold fewer CDs than the Stones no matter how many more DVDs they had sold. It really is that simple though Spicer is trying to find a way out of basic logic.

I'm not implying that Spicer is automatically lying. It just is a fact that if you apply basic logic to what he said his statement was wrong. And I am surprised to see that he just is not willing to accept that it was wrong. If it was just an error of expression it would not be good but that can happen to all of us. He maintains it was true and that's what scares me. I agree it was fairly obvious what he was saying. He was saying "both".

You pointed out that you found that liberal media were being unfair. How many trustworthy non-liberal media have delievered evidence to support Spicer in this case? Though I read quite a lot of different media I have not found much in favour of him.

I found this article interesting: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... trics-don/

I know you have been looking into some of these details also but have come to a different conclusion.

The article even points to the same logical points that I have pointed to above. But they are a little less strict than I am when it comes to maintaining that logic does apply and does prove him wrong.

And by the way: Though we disagree all the time on almost all cases I appreciate the fact that you are spending your time to provide your reasons and thoughts.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:54 pm

It is pretty obvious that the Danish SJW's don't like the US, and most likely have never been to the US. At least in the US we can own our home, pay low taxes and have the ability to laugh.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 pm

...and have comfortable, functional furniture. Ha. Actually, I like their furniture.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:28 pm

They do have great furniture.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:23 am

curt wrote:I'm not implying that Spicer is automatically lying. It just is a fact that if you apply basic logic to what he said his statement was wrong.
:roll: You're assuming that people always speak with 100% precision, and that nuance doesn't exist in human languages. He said what he said, the media interpreted it one way, Spicer said, No, you've interpreted my statement incorrectly, and this is what I meant. That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

And Politifact? Sorry, but they're one of the most biased left-wing rags on the internet, probably even worse than Huffington Post. For one thing, notice they only show the one overhead picture which we know for a fact was taken at least an hour before the inauguration. Other pictures taken during the inauguration show that there were considerably more people in the audience during the actual ceremony. For instance, CNN's own high resolution interactive panorama is really all the evidence you need to know that the liberal media isn't being honest about the crowd size. You can see there's very little empty space between the stage and the Washington Monument.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/ ... gigapixel/
0 x

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:29 am

I'm worried about Trump and the US. For me, the US was a country about freedom. Trump shows to me too many characteristics of an east-block Politicians: Lying in public (or not checking facts), also the truth is public to everyone:

Did you heard about the "Bernhard Langer" story? Trump told people, the election were a fraud as Bernhard Lager (a famous golf player), was not allowed to vote, although a lot of other people in front and behind him in the queue, were allowed to vote. Bernhard Lager is German and can not vote in the US, as he is no US citizen. Why does he tells such a story? He is one of the most powerfulest man in the world, if not the powerfulest person. Should't he checked his words bevor taking them as a prove for a fraud?

Is it really important how many people attended at the presidents inauguration? Not really, right? And then coming up with "alternative facts"? What are "alternative facts"?

The US are a very important country for the world - and I'm worried about Trump being their president.

Hm... also: Trump bans refugees. Is this the way Christians should act? Stop helping people, who are in need?
1 x