A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

THE POLICE FOUND MY BROTHER

Post by epdc » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Ill make it short: ten years ago my brother was accused of a murder he didnt commit (a friend of his and him were high and his friend killed a man for money), well, my brother got out of the state and was safe (our lawyer didnt do his job well so the thing wasnt solve), the real killer had a better lawyer (his sister).

well, on his way to work today, the police was making some stops in the car (there is a lot of drug traffic in the city where he lives), well, he showed his ID and called to hermosillo (where we live) and brought him here, he must arrive to jail here in hermosillo tonight.

our pastor is a lawyer and told us about a great lawyer, my parents will go to jail tomorrow with the lawyer.

Our pastor read his file and for what it says,my pastor says that this is something that can be solved in a week if the lawyer handles it well.

My brother has a very nervous personaluty (he used to do drugs and affected his nerves)

PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM, THAT GOD PUT PEACE IN HIS HEART AND RECEIVE GRACE WITH THE OFFICERS AND OTHER PRISONERS AND THAT THIS CAN BE SOLVED.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

adrinux
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-up Call
Pethead since: 1999

Post by adrinux » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:43 pm

epdc, that's just broken my heart... :cry: I'm shocked :o

For sure I'll pray for him.

Is he following Christ now?
let me know...

I hope from my heart that everything will be fine and soved in time!!!
0 x
To learn recursivity, first, you need to learn recursivity.
Para aprender recursividade, primeiro, tem que aprender recursividade.

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

yes

Post by epdc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:55 pm

yes adriano, he is a christian :)

thank you for your prayer support, you have no idea how stress we are. yes, we are trusting in God but that doesnt mean we dont be tense.

thank you :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:12 am

I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

thank you

Post by epdc » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:47 pm

The judge decided he goes to prison. BUT HEY wait, it is not like a sentence, the judge says the arent enough proofs to make my brother inoccetn (though there more than enough) so know what we are doing and our lawyer too is working in adding more evidence to the case plus some wtinesses. please pray for us.

My brother so far is ok there, we have to pay some money so he be safe so please pray.

the real reason the judge is beinglike that is because he already set free the true killer (because the guy had a relative working in the whole police stuff) and in the newspapers appear that after 11 years they got the killer (my bro) and it wouldnt look ok to let him go right away.

ok so he is being an as#?!, allright, the Lord will show us more things to make him see he is wrong.

keep praying guys :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:58 pm

I just saw this today, Elo, oh my gosh, that is very difficult to deal with. Keep us posted on how that goes. E-mail me once in awhile or send me a message on myspace to let me know what's happening.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon May 07, 2007 7:03 pm

I sure will be praying for ya brother and your family Epdc
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

thank you guys

Post by epdc » Tue May 08, 2007 2:59 pm

Ya know, we are actually amaze how things are working.

My bro is still in prison, he�ll have another like audience on may 17.

Well, i say amazing because when my mom goes to visit him people start talking great about him, he has shared the word of God with the other prisoners, he just joined to a basketball team, he started a psychology course there.

He says all that time in prison has been good for him because he has seen durg addicts there selling nike tennis for one dollar so they can get drugs and he is like WOW because he realizes that the way they look is the way we used to look at him and his wife and baby used to see him.

Right now he is reading the narnia chronicles :)

God has given him so much grace in there, all prisoners respect him, think he is nice and stuff. we know the Lord is with him in there. He says he believes God has letting him experience all this because that is the kind of places he will visiting in a future to share other people about God�s love :)

ill keep you updated :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Re: THE POLICE FOUND MY BROTHER

Post by knotodiswrld » Sun May 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey Epdc:

How did this situation turn out, if you don't mind my asking?
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun May 16, 2010 8:54 pm

This is an oldie. It's been so long I don't remember exactly what happened but I'm pretty sure it turned out okay. Elo doesn't post here that often anymore but maybe she'll stop by and fill you in. She's doing okay, she's just real occupied.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by epdc » Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 am

sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working all day since january so i dont have time to come over, but ok, I found myself sometime, its 11 oclock here.

Good news!!!!!!!! After appealing (he has been in prison for three years now), the sentence was put in "stand by" and now another judge checked the whole case again and said everything was in order (ex: the killer was left handed and my brother isnt, the killer is veryt all and my brother is average size, the lawyer proved to the judge how my brother finished a bachelor degree and started to work and stuff...) but that the witness that is mention on the case (a hot dog salesman), the police never put him infront of my brother to see if he recognize him, so he said "bring the witness and we´ll start the whole "set it him free" process (sorry for my english).

So my dad hired a detective to find him, he did, my dad went to talk to him and he said "I´m not going, ever, 15 years ago when it happened i was tortured by the police so i would point at someone, im not going, forget it", my dad did a research and found out that in fact, this guy made a complaint at the human rights organization here so it was true. My dad sent our lawyer to talk to him and explain him that if he doesnt go by free will the police would force him to testify (it can be done here), would bring him in a police car ya know to the court, his answer was "good luck findind me" and dissappeared a day later.

We really lost hope because if this guy wouldnt testify this whole process could last for like another year and if he would testify in a month my brother could go out.

Well, last week my brother had a session in court, my dad went and SURPRISE, guess who was there??? THE WITNESS!!!!!!! he arrived all by himself, he received a notice and went by free will!!!!!! and testified infront of everyone there that he had never seen my brother before.

We were praying so hard all this years for a miracle and we are close to get there, if everything comes out well, my brother will be free in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents are considering to sending him to san francisco, we have relatives there so he can start a new life ya know, we´ll see.

I´m so sorry for not keeping you updated, things have been crazy, I´m busy all the time and since my baby nephew lives with me and my sis too things are crazier hehehehehe.

But I always keep you in my heart you guys, and if you write me to my email i´ll always answer.

Thank you for asking, let´s keep praying...
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Fri May 21, 2010 10:13 am

That's great news! It's terrible that he's had to spend so much time in prison for a crime he didn't commit, but Praise God it looks like he could get out soon.

Under some circumstances, a person can be forced to testify even in the U.S., so it's not uncommon.

Also, sadly, wrongful convictions are not a rare phenomenon even here in the U.S. If you want to read some stories that will really make you mad, visit http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Moving somewhere to start a new life sounds like a good idea for your brother. The local police where you live will probably always be suspicious of him. It's probably best to be ANYWHERE else.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by epdc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

we received today the answer of the judge : 11 years (like he said before we appealed, we had the same judge). Our lawyer went to the chambers angry to ask why did the judge stills find my brother guilty, since we have shown new evidence that proves he is innocent. Wanna know what the judge said: I know there are no evidence against him but I KNOW he did it.

What the schlitt???? :(, well, the next step is going to talk to judges that are bosses of this judge (i dont know the word in english) so they check the case and if they think he is wrong, they will let my brother go...and if they act the same way, we would go to the federal judges.

My sis believes maybe the family of the death person are asking the judge to not let him go....even though they know he didnt do it....

Please make a small prayer if you have a chance....

My bro called and asked me to make him a pie for this saturday, I`ll make him two... sigh.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Well, that really stinks. I'm sorry about that Elo, I will pray about it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 pm

epdc wrote:we received today the answer of the judge : 11 years (like he said before we appealed, we had the same judge). Our lawyer went to the chambers angry to ask why did the judge stills find my brother guilty, since we have shown new evidence that proves he is innocent. Wanna know what the judge said: I know there are no evidence against him but I KNOW he did it.

What the schlitt???? :(, well, the next step is going to talk to judges that are bosses of this judge (i dont know the word in english) so they check the case and if they think he is wrong, they will let my brother go...and if they act the same way, we would go to the federal judges.

My sis believes maybe the family of the death person are asking the judge to not let him go....even though they know he didnt do it....

Please make a small prayer if you have a chance....

My bro called and asked me to make him a pie for this saturday, I`ll make him two... sigh.
I am sorry for your brother's situation, but why use John's name in place of a cuss word? Isn't that offensive?
0 x